cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting phone calls/texts

ericabearisto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my phone plan from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile a few weeks ago. Since then, I've had people telling me they are trying to reach me via text/phone call and I haven't received any of them. I've made sure my phone isn't on do not disturb and have checked all my settings, so that isn't the problem. I called my phone from another phone number and it went to my old voicemail at Freedom Mobile. I saw another post similar to my issue, and I am thinking that my Freedom Account didn't get cancelled when I switched over (even though I had said yes to cancelling), and that my calls/texts are going to my old account. How do I fix this? 

Erica

32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

.. for the reply .. at least fix it.. make it able to quote the original on the cell phone.  Right now,  I can only do this quote thing on computer browser:

@softech : That's the quote function...not reply. I agree though.

.. for the reply .. at least fix it.. make it able to quote the original on the cell phone.  Right now,  I can only do this quote thing on computer browser:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : Coincidental. (us social security - usernames ?? 🙂 )  I had been in the forums for another purpose and discovered that it was Khoros. Then I noticed the reply indicator. Then I knew it was doable here. And made it known.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Coincidental. (us social security - usernames ?? 🙂 )  I had been in the forums for another purpose and discovered that it was Khoros. Then I noticed the reply indicator. Then I knew it was doable here. And made it known.

@Anonymous 

Is the -- in that ebay post just a lucky coincidence?!!😎

@Anonymous, yes that would be nice as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : eBay community uses Khoros. The little line on top that says in reply to is inserted automatically. I've long since sent this on to David_J...crickets. I know another Oracle had identified replies in the past.

Khoros.JPG

@Anonymous wrote:

And a "Replied to" indicator. Oracles can see that and have on occasion clipped and snipped threads to put another thread together. But it must be time consuming.

Khoros can do it. This place just chooses not to implement it.

@Anonymous, not sure what you are referring to?  Like an arrow by the thread showing you have replied to it or next to each post?  Not sure what you are saying Oracles can see, is there a tool out there I haven't found yet lol

Edited to add:  Yes Khoros must have these features available that is why we keep asking for things like this

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

And a "Replied to" indicator. Oracles can see that and have on occasion clipped and snipped threads to put another thread together. But it must be time consuming.

Khoros can do it. This place just chooses not to implement it.

@softech wrote:

@ShawnC13  would love to see the forum would mark the post "Edited" like Facebook comment.  In fact with FB Comment, you can click on it and see the whole Edit History

@softech, that is something we have asked for many times.  I still hold out hope (but not my breath) that we will get it

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@softech , similar things have happened for years around here.  The other "trick" many have seen is where someone will leave a blank post as the first reply then go back ad take the time to answer it correctly but they still show as the first reply with a better chance of the solution.

What I call the placeholder cheat. It only gets noticed by those doing constant refreshes. I seem to recall catching an Oracle do that. 🙂

Oracle does not need that.. they don't get "paid" by post count or solution count... LoL

@ShawnC13  would love to see the forum would mark the post "Edited" like Facebook comment.  In fact with FB Comment, you can click on it and see the whole Edit History

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@softech , similar things have happened for years around here.  The other "trick" many have seen is where someone will leave a blank post as the first reply then go back ad take the time to answer it correctly but they still show as the first reply with a better chance of the solution.

What I call the placeholder cheat. It only gets noticed by those doing constant refreshes. I seem to recall catching an Oracle do that. 🙂

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : I agree. But there's no rule. It's just forum etiquette. I almost always say Edit before my add or change. But that's me. Adding another post when you're the last poster is also a bit of clutter.

This thing ALWAYS happens when someone was the first reply ..couple ppl replied and then this first reply would magically got changed to the BEST answer..

I hope whenever Mod award that "perfect" reply , the person would be nice enough and come out and say "sorry,  I just copied from so and so.. you should award that other person instead."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Now, if only we could do a Jedi mind trick...

Yes @Meow ...that is the conundrum. ALL questions can be answered by the mods. So why are we here? We're here to act as cheap as cheap can be support for the company. Then yes if we can't guide the customer or the problem becomes an internal problem then we can direct the customer to the mods. But like editing posts, there's no rule.

@Meow wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

That is a good one. I learn as I go reading all interesting messages. But referring to MODs for every single question becomes overkill.

Some very knowledgeable members suggested to ASK questions first before providing potential solution in order to better understand what issue is. I try to follow their lead. Suggesting to contact MODs would be my last resort unless it is account issue where we cannot do much.

@Anonymous 

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE.....

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

That is a good one. I learn as I go reading all interesting messages. But referring to MODs for every single question becomes overkill.

Some very knowledgeable members suggested to ASK questions first before providing potential solution in order to better understand what issue is. I try to follow their lead. Suggesting to contact MODs would be my last resort unless it is account issue where we cannot do much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I liked the increasing intensity. Nicely done. 🙂

@softech 

😅😅😅😅😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😀!!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : I agree. But there's no rule. It's just forum etiquette. I almost always say Edit before my add or change. But that's me. Adding another post when you're the last poster is also a bit of clutter.

This thing ALWAYS happens when someone was the first reply ..couple ppl replied and then this first reply would magically got changed to the BEST answer..

I hope whenever Mod award that "perfect" reply , the person would be nice enough and come out and say "sorry,  I just copied from so and so.. you should award that other person instead."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech 

Now, now  You know stick with what you know......you can't be good at everything.

@Anonymous   YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!

I believe this is at least the 3rd time we raise this concern to you directly

Nothing wrong to admit your first suggestion was wrong.  Not like it never happened.  Just reply as a new post instead of changing your original post AFTER YOU SEE THAT OTHERS SUGGETIONS ARE BETTER.  I know you want yours to be chosen as the Accepted Solution.. but wrong is wrong

Afterall, you make a new post, that increases your post count by 1.  And don't you agree that is fairer to others who replied after you?

Enclosed here is your original post and the revised post.. just in case you are going to change back to your original post and you have a reference

softech_0-1626799448270.png

@Yummy 

Well sim cards are cheap its just what a provider decides to sell them for..... $0.25 lucky sim costs the same as a $10 freedom sim to manufacture.

I don't know the whole process but there was a customer a while ago who had his phone stolen and was porting from freedom to pm. So I had a live chat with freedom and asked them what to do and that was their answer.

@Yummy wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@ericabearisto 

If you can't find your sim card then call freedom customer service and explain the issue. They will send you to a freedom retail outlet to get a free sim card to put in your phone to recieve the porting authorization text.

I am curious how that is supposed to work?

Customer will put free SIM card into its phone and... what happened with his Freedom phone number? It gets assigned to that free SIM? And could they re-assign different phone number to the same SIM later?

It could be kind of difficult to stay at freedom booth, send porting request, wait for SMS... maybe not. Or freedom will trust customer to return SIM after porting? Never did that before but would like to understand how it works.

No, I think they give you the SIM card (not sure why it is free other than they are generous.)  Freedom booth will help you to SIM swap on the spot and you can work on the porting later.  Don't think they will ask you back for the SIM

@darlicious wrote:

@ericabearisto 

If you can't find your sim card then call freedom customer service and explain the issue. They will send you to a freedom retail outlet to get a free sim card to put in your phone to recieve the porting authorization text.

I am curious how that is supposed to work?

Customer will put free SIM card into its phone and... what happened with his Freedom phone number? It gets assigned to that free SIM? And could they re-assign different phone number to the same SIM later?

It could be kind of difficult to stay at freedom booth, send porting request, wait for SMS... maybe not. Or freedom will trust customer to return SIM after porting? Never did that before but would like to understand how it works.

@ericabearisto 

@ericabearisto  Try to find your SIM back. This is a critical step for porting. 

Worst case, you might have to go and get a Freedom SIM for $10 , swap the sim so you can receive the SMS and reply YES.

ericabearisto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I never got an SMS from Freedom, I'm able to call and text out but I'm not receiving them. I'm not exactly sure where my Freedom SIM is anymore, but I'm pretty sure the cancelling didn't go through because I havent heard anything from Freedom about cancelling and I havent been charged by tab balance yet from them on my last bill 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ericabearisto : So you got the confirmation text with your old SIM in and replied to it. Then you put your new SIM in. Have you been able to call out? Text out? And it looks like it's coming from your number? If you put your old SIM back in does anything still work?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ericabearisto  Since when someone called you and they go to your Freedom voicemail and your Freedom not cancelled yet, it looks like it is a stuck port

did you ever reply the SMS on your Freedom with a YES?  

You can try to call the porting team ,. not sure if it is too late but I will message you the number, check your Community inbox, envelope

Of you can also open a ticket with mod as advised above

Need Help? Let's chat.