cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive calls from *67 or blocked numbers

Curtis351
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This started happening after I moved over to public. My Doctor calls me using *67 + my number, but today, he was not able to get through and getting a call failed message. I just had a buddy try on his phone with *67 and he also got a call failed response.

I have an up to date iOS phone, Silence Unknown Callers is set to Off and I have no blocked Contacts. I have reset my network settings and rebooted my iPhone a couple of times now. Do not Disturb has never been turned on.
I am using the Public Mobile ESim and not using a sim card.

Any way to allow it so I can at least receive these calls?

11 REPLIES 11

Curtis351

I suppose, but kinda defeats the whole *67 phone standard. Who would know to use #31#? Appreciate your assistance.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I understand what your saying but if you inform them, maybe they can put like a note on your file or something similar so that they always know to call you #31#, I tried it with my phone *67 call does not go through.

Curtis351

Sorry, I understand what you are saying. Yes, if I do a test with #31# from a friend's line, their call makes it through as an unknown caller. But are hospitals going to know to use this to get a hold of me in the future?

TheSterlinger

Even if they do #31# before your phone number?

Curtis351

no - I am not concerned about blocking my number, but blocked numbers are not making to to my phone

TheSterlinger

Did this work @Curtis351 

Curtis351
  • I can receive calls normally (if the number isn't blocked)
  • I am using the esim from public, so I took out my old sim card
  • I reset network settings

Still not working from a blocked line

TheSterlinger

Since you with Public mobile now  *61 number doesn’t work anymore, so they have #31# instead.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Curtis351 so, you are receiving regular non caller id hidden calls without problem??

Try your sim  card in another phone just to confirm it is not a device issue

Also, try Reset Network Settings and check again

Curtis351

Thanks - that will work for me blocking my number. The bigger issue is unknown callers (doctor) not being able to reach me or my voice mail

TheSterlinger

Try #31#

Need Help? Let's chat.