cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal (only at work!).

dOllOP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings,

I have coverage `everywhere` except at the Yonge Street/High Tech Road plaza where I work. When I get home (15 minutes away).. or when I go anywhere before or after work.. all is good. But when I arrive at work (inside or outside the building), I have no signal at all. All my co-workers (non-Public Mobile customers) have full signals and no issues at all with their carriers.

What the heck is going on?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

dOllOP

Will do.. thank you! 

dOllOP

Switching to 3G worked!  But.. why? What happened to LTE? Anyway, thx for your help!

@dOllOP wrote:

Everything was fine up until 2 weeks ago.

4G and LTE didn`t work, but it`s now working after I switched to 3G, though I dunno why LTE suddenly doesn`t work anymore. Anyway, thx m8!

@dOllOP   glad the 3G Only suggestion work

What could happen was they might be upgrading 5G in that area and affected the 4G eqiupment during the change, it might fix itself later

if you like, open a ticket with PM Support and have them to check if there is any LTE network issue in the area

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

dOllOP

Gonna try that this wknd (otherwise, switching to 3G solved the problem).. thx m8!

dOllOP

Switching to 3G solved the problem, but I`m gonna try your suggestion as well this wknd. Thank you!

dOllOP

Everything was fine up until 2 weeks ago.

4G and LTE didn`t work, but it`s now working after I switched to 3G, though I dunno why LTE suddenly doesn`t work anymore. Anyway, thx m8!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Did it work prior to now?

Maybe try disabling 5G in your phone's settings. You can't use it on PM anyway, so force it in 4G/LTE and see if that helps. And if that doesn't try 3G.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @dOllOP 

the issue with device antenna, can you try your SIM card in other device with your co-workers, to check it out.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dOllOP 

can you trade phones with one of your buds and see if your sim acts the same in the other phone ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dOllOP what phone you have? brand and model?

ask your coworker if anyone using Bell or Telus or Koodo or Virgin or Lucky, they all use the same network tower

also, try switch to 3G only as preferred network and see

Need Help? Let's chat.