cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

BMeston
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an account for my 92 year old mom that payment comes directly out of my personal account. There have been no issues for 1 1/2 years. Now I am unable to call her and account does not show March payment has been paid, even though there are sufficient funds. 

17 REPLIES 17

@BMeston 

start with asking PM support to change to an email address you have access with.  However, they will ask you couple validation question, I hope you can get pass the validation stage

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

BMeston

Unfortunately I am unable to log in in any mode as I do not have a valid email for this account and if I could update the email address for this particular phone number, it would solve all my problems. 

@BMeston 

you have the My Account login credentials handy? 

Login to My Account using Incognito mode and check i

• if  account is active
  • any Available Fund there
  • Payment page to see if PM recorded you loaded the voucher and if it used towards plan renewal 

BMeston

Yes, my TD debit card is active. 

BMeston

I bought the top up voucher and put $20 on using 611 prompts. Now it tells me I have a credit and next payment will come out on March 9 (which it did NOT), but still no service!  I guess it is time to say goodbye to Public Mobile as it seems this problem cannot be fixed 😞

Hi @BMeston you need to login to My Account and update the card before you cam pay and resume service. Can you login My Account?

or get a voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart and load the voucher via *611 first

BMeston

My chequing account does not show that the March payment has come out. I did receive a new debit card recently but the number is the same.  When I do 611 on her phone, it says there is $3 owing.

@BMeston  you said the account does not show March payment was paid, so is the account status Suspended?

Login My Account again using Incognito mode.  If it shows suspended, can you make a manual payment by clicking Reactivate my plan?

Swee_Pea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok. I am sure that you hear that PM has quirks. I can reassure that this is a genuine quirk that comes from the Telus prepaid system. And I do believe that the PM system is a modified (to put it mildly)  version of the Telus prepaid system. It’s been there for over a decade. We had Telus prepaid for about 10 years and it happened 3 times over 2 accounts.....so is not bad. When I called into Telus they know the issue and fix immediately. But not as easy here with the time consuming CSA option. That’s why I suggest the hybrid auto pay. 

Bottom line....contact a CSA. Is your TD Debit Card still valid, expiry date wise?

BMeston

Yes it is a visa debit. I have been paying this way for 1.5 years with no problem. 

Swee_Pea

The only way it can debit your bank account is if you use a Visa Debit card. Are you using that to pay with??

If no...then what credit are are you using or are you buying vouchers? Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 5.43.03 PM.png

BMeston

By account I mean personal chequing account at my bank. My mother dies not have an email account so this is why I used my brothers email. The misspelled address was “accepted” when opening her account. 

BMeston

Unfortunately, as you say, you cannot have two accounts on the same email address, so I used my brother’s email address and I believe I must have entered it incorrectly as he has never received any mail in this respect. 

Swee_Pea

@BMeston 

Can you expand on "your account" please. Bank Account, Credit card account, PM account????

@BKNS27 wrote:

@BMeston 

Unfortunately you can’t have 2 accounts on 1 email addresses. Do you mean 2 account using the same CC?

Are you looking at the payment on your account (email address) or your mother’s account (her email address).

This could be your problem.

Login to both accounts and see if they are Active. Make a payment or enable AutoPay on the account that is suspended.

@BKNS27 , where do you see that opp says 2 accounts? I read post several times but unable to see what you’re seeing!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BMeston 

Unfortunately you can’t have 2 accounts on 1 email addresses. Do you mean 2 account using the same CC?

Are you looking at the payment on your account (email address) or your mother’s account (her email address).

This could be your problem.

Login to both accounts and see if they are Active. Make a payment or enable AutoPay on the account that is suspended.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BMeston 

can you dial 611 from her phone to get a status report on her account .

Let us know.

added;

refresh.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.