cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one use this company...

Joho
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ordered SIM card + plan ($38 in total)  on 6th of Feb.

Talked to support after waiting 16 days for the SIM to arrive, told to "be patient".

Talked to support after waiting 22 days... "It will arrive soon."

It's been almost 4 weeks. The Q&A says 5-7, but the agents are blatantly lying about the times. It's such a joke.

The worst part is, they won't even refund me. They're demanding that I contact my bank to report the transaction and get it disputed... So now I'm on hold with my bank for an hour, so I'm writing this as I wait.

If this is my first interaction with this company, then it doesn't inspire confidence to do further business.

Trash company, trash parent company (Telus) and trash service. Avoid at all costs; you've been warned.

14 REPLIES 14

@Joho  The reason I asked about who you called (I see you've now edited your post to change that) is that some people have phoned Telus support thinking that because they're the parent company they also do PM support, however that is not the case so I would have suggested trying PM support itself by private message or the (still apparently flaky) chatbot.  but I see now that's actually what you meant.   I was fortunate in that my PM sim only took about a week to arrive but who knows why it takes so long in other cases.  Some people have reported receiving Telus or Koodo sim cards instead of PM's also!

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a prime example of why it's important to get a SIM card in advance (if possible) before doing any activations.  And also why it's crucial to never port your number over until AFTER an account is setup and working properly with a temporary number.

My recommendation to @Joho is to get a SIM locally or via Amazon as suggested by others and the CS_Agent and then complete the activation and then request PM to apply any/all credits.  And if this process is followed and still delays or support issues are experienced, to then file a CCTS complaint.

I know this doesn't solve your problem now, but never, ever buy a sim from PM direct. There are way too many stories just like yours. They have NO idea how to fulfill orders. Instead pick one up from a local Telus or Koodo store ($10) or buy from Amazon for $5.

It's amazing that they haven't figured out how to fulfill a basic sim card order yet. I can't even imagine how many potential customers they've lost because of the terrible onboarding process.

@Joho 

looks like you've had a rough 1st experience with Public Mobile huh ! If you had of come to the Community Forum when you first had issues, we woulda suggested buying a sim on Amazon or from a local Mobile Klinik, if there's one in your area.  Also, initiating charge back proceedings isn't a great option. I'd suggest getting a sim from Amazon, then messaging PM Customer Support for credit to your account for the additional sim you had to buy. They're actually a perdy understanding bunch really. For future...hand around this PM Community Forum for guidance and suggestions.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Joho - Public Mobile is self-serve only, there are a limited amount of agents. But you can ask for a manager or a head-up at Public Mobile.

That is also how they make it super cheap. Chatr & Lucky Mobile also use this same stuff. No phone number for help, only online community forums & agent chats.

I am not a CS_Agent OR a person working or fully affiliated with Public Mobile! To contact a CS_Agent, Click Me!

Joho

Ordered SIM card + plan ($38 in total)  on 6th of Feb.

Talked to support after waiting ~16 days for the SIM to arrive, told to "be patient".

Talked to support after waiting ~22 days... "It will arrive soon."

It's been almost 4 weeks. The Q&A says 5-7, but the agents are blatantly lying about the times. It's a joke.

The worst part is, they won't even refund me. They're demanding that I contact my bank to report the transaction and get it disputed... Took 3 hours to launch a financial investigation into this.

If this is my first interaction with this company, then it doesn't inspire confidence to do further business.

Totally unacceptable, in my opinion. I didn't even know this type of stuff was allowed.

I contacted them last week cause the Q&A said 5-7 days for SIM card delivery and I spent ~10 days waiting.I contacted them last week cause the Q&A said 5-7 days for SIM card delivery and I spent ~10 days waiting.Final support ticket I filed on the 28th of February, 22 days after paying them.  They refuse to refund me and forced me to seek financial intervention through my bank after sitting on hold for 3 hours.Final support ticket I filed on the 28th of February, 22 days after paying them. They refuse to refund me and forced me to seek financial intervention through my bank after sitting on hold for 3 hours.

Joho

They literally told me to dispute it. That's Public Mobile.

Joho

Unfortunately my phone doesn't accept e-SIM, thank you though.

I was 'informed' of that option, but by that point they had already told me to "be patient" for 2 weeks and lied about the shipping time, so at that point, I just wanted a different carrier.

If this is my first interaction with this company, then it doesn't inspire confidence to do business.

Joho

Not calling them, but using their stupid support ticket service.

How is this the part that's even relevant? They told me like, a week to get my SIM. I went without a phone for FOUR WEEKS waiting for this ****ing SIM card and all you want to mention is the form of contact?

I WISH I COULD CALL THEM. THEN MAYBE I WOULD GET MY ACTUAL REFUND.

I'm pretty confident @Meow that @Joho isn't staying with Public Mobile after this. Sometimes it takes just one bad experience like this to make a customer not want to be here. To be honest, we hear this complaint ALL THE TIME here on the forums. I have to ask, at what point does Public Mobile stop this insanity and just sell SIM cards at Telus locations and Amazon. The current set up is NOT working and they are losing customers left right and center. Oh well. Their loss.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You called PM support? Really? PM does not have number to call as all support is through email...

You could open a ticket and ask for SIM replacement.

If you dispute charge with your bank (asking for chargeback) you will NOT be able to use your credit card to pay bill at PM as you will be considered 'naughty' customer.

You should wait for agent to refund or send you new SIM or just order it from amazon.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Joho  Wow I’m shocked they usually good to reimburse some one if they pick up one from Telus Koodo store if you haven’t received SIM with in 10 business days . Clearly your past  that point . Im sorry your having this issue once activated the services works good . I wouldn’t throw in the towel yet and call around to local Telus Koodo store for availability. Or on Amazon right now $4.99 . Also note I’m just a customer like you trying to help 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Joho   Just wondering, Public Mobile doesn't have a support number to call, customer service is all online.   So who were you calling exactly?

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Joho - You could go to a Telus / Mobile Clinic store and got a SIM card there. But usually it can take 1-4 weeks. You could also use a e-SIM if your phone supports it.

Need Help? Let's chat.