cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more??

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No more $15 plan?

No more quarterly plan that works out to $19 a month with 3gb per month?

I realize there will be changes but will they actually reduce customers? I would like to move up a bit but there’s nothing there to attract me.  

8 REPLIES 8

SeniorCitizen

Thanks. I have researched. By not putting all my eggs in one basket I can procure 3 different plans/suppliers to meet my exact needs by not overbuying and pay less overall. If any company wants to be ruthless and have poor customer service, I won’t lay back…..I will adjust accordingly. 

Talking to others for their Telco needs be it with PM, Telus, Shaw or Bell in some cases you can actually be worse off for dependable working service. And some fear not being supported in an emergency situation. 

SeniorCitizen

Yes thanks. To me it appears the plan is to phase out 3G with no regard to loyal customers. Phase out options I see is, more expensive plans (that fit my needs) or shop elsewhere . And 5gb of expiring data that won’t be used is no solace. To be honest both my wife and I have mobile plans that are totally underused. Mainly used, rarely,  between us only. But many banks, companies and medical offices are forcing us into having a cell phone as a routine part of life. Having a cell phone is just not a necessary part of life for us, even though we can afford. But I don’t believe in buying something I don’t want, don’t need just for the sake of it all. It’s, for us, sort of a waste of money. So to keep rolling along I want a plan that I like. And having rewards is no longer an attraction or appealing from any retailer, bank, etc. 

Make sense?

SeniorCitizen

Thank you. I realize the no going back strategy. 

SeniorCitizen

Thank you.  I do see that plan in “shop”. But is unacceptable to me when in the past they offered 4G and 3gb for $19 a month if paid 3 months in advance. But that was to new customers only. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SeniorCitizen 

not everyone has the same plan menu, so log in to your account to see what's available to you. I currently have that older $15 plan and when I look at the menu, I see a $19 / 30 day plan with talk/ text and 1GB (4G) data is available to me.

save.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SeniorCitizen , I think some customers on the $15 plan were offered $21/3GB.  Be careful with plan upgrades, make sure you really want that for the long term as there is no going back.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You are quite correct 😱🤕
I just checked and even for new customers $15 plan is gone. This is VERY bad as most likely in the future we on $15 plan might be forced to more expensive one, same as $10 were forced to $13 plan.

If you are on $15 plan and it works for you do not even think to change it... So bad....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @SeniorCitizen 

$15 has been gone for a month or even 2.  stay with what you have if $15 is enough for you

Need Help? Let's chat.