cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell service at our home since July 13

DarPR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We have no cell service since Wednesday July 13th at about 3pm. Prior to this our service was very good. The map says we still have service.

we have done all recommended ‘fixes’. We obviously need technical support and we cannot submit a ticket.. can’t verify even though we are using correct info. We are very frustrated. Our cells seem to work once we get beyond Port Rowan. We need to talk to an actual person to help. Should we call Telus or… any ideas…?We are at a loss here….

9 REPLIES 9

@Jeempmomma so, you lost both home and mobile internet?

message support and ask them to escalate and provide ETA then

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

But still , it might worth to try changing the network mode to different one and hope one of those 3G/4G/5G would be working or come back up quicker than others

and reboot phone before you try, sometimes, you need that to reestablish connection when the system is back 

Jeempmomma

Yes I know it's a telus issue as our home internet is telus ,and know there is a tower down close to where I live so we lose service and data randomly then last night absolutely nothing all night 

@Jeempmomma 

was the service working before and just stopped working?

was it just data or voice? or both?

Try 

• change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works
  • Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps
  • and do you have another phone to test the PM sim ? just to make sure it is not a device problem.  Also, that can force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the problem
  • Also, try the phone in another area if possible, it could be just a local network outage
  • (for voice) You can also try to see if VoLTE works.  But first, what brand and model of phone you have?
    You can check the VoLTE compatibility here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte
    If you have a compatible one try to turn on VoLTE

iPhone: Likely no extra work need to do as Telus will enable by default but hide the option.  Still you can check
                     Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there
    Pixel Likely no extra work need to do as Telus will enable by default but hide the option.  Still you can check
                    Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there
    Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

Now, turn off Wifi first. Check if the phone status bar showing it is connected to 4G or LTE

Then make some calls, see if the signal indicator shows LTE or drop back to H or 3G while you are on the calls.  If it stays with LTE, then yes, you are using VoLTE, and you can see if calls are any better.  

Jeempmomma

There's a broken TELUS tower somewhere they are refusing to fix unless enough people complain soo frustrating as our cell service is PM and home is services are TELUS , being completely cut off from everything is not good at all and more often to 

Hi @DarPR there might be peoblem with thr ticket system,  just message CS agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DarPR

I have filled out every detail, finally got through the verification process...painful...and then, it will not submit the ticket....

Question...what account credentials does one use? Wouldn't they be your account sign in...I can sign into my account but when using them for verification, they fail. I finally was able to use the pin verification but then when I pressed the sent ticket...nope...would not send...I really need to get the problem solved that we have no cell service at our home now since Wednesday July 13th in the afternoon. I have tried everything suggested and I do believe it is a tower, or technical issue and someone who is a tech support person at Telus or whoever would check on this sudden failure in signals needs to be in touch with us. We need a number or something...it is too weird that everything worked well until July 13th. Nothing changed on our phones or plans...so it has to be on PM's end...there is a responsibility to provide the service we are paying for...no matter how little it costs...we want service.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DarPR 

I’ve never heard of Port Rowan until there was complaints about service there. You are the second person with the same issue.

I am assuming you checked your account to see if it is Activate. If it is, I am assuming they upgrading the system.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DarPR 

You should have data and texting but no voice calls. Either bell is upgrading tbeir equipment and performing maintenance on your local tower or have eliminated possibly B5 or B2.

Change your network to 3G only and then check your signal strength....

Go into your Settings>>About phone>>Sim card status>>signal strength -100dBm and above is fine. -100dBm to -109dBm is poor and below -110dBm is unusable

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @DarPR I remember someone talked about Port Rowan had issue earlier this week

open ticket with PM CS Agent and ask them to check 

to open ticket with CS Agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.