cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out

Chelsea08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, My name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, My phone number associated with my account is xxx-xxx-xxxx and the email associated with it as well is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i recently lost my phone and  I got a replacement sim card but I cannot complete the identity verification because I cannot access the old phone number that is with the phone I lost, I am trying to put this replacement sim in my new phone and have the same number I have been using. I contacted the support chat to see if i can get some help but they aren't really helping the way I need them too, what can I do to solve this problem. i cannot access my number to get into my account and i need it reset

Edit: Personal information redacted by will13am. Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

4 REPLIES 4

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@will13am , thank you for removing Op’s personal information.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Chelsea08  Tap resend a few times you should get option to send code to email instead then . Once in you my account go to profile page and swap SIM card number 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1689619109104.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Chelsea08 

This is a public community forum so please remove your personal information by clicking on reverse V in circle top right and edit out your personal information or you will get spammed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Chelsea08 this is an open forum and we are just customers like you.  Please update and remove your phone number and email for your own protection.  Go back to your post, click the down arrow on top right and you can Edit Message

for login, 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup on this new system. 

Have you login to My Account since EverSafe was introduced?

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Once you are in My Account again, go to Profile page, click the pencil besides the Sim card number and you can update it to the new sim card you have:

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

Need Help? Let's chat.