cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi folks,

Initially I was going to post about being unable to recieve the eversafe 2FA code except via email but then I asked my wife to text me. Sent but not recieved. Callers get: "The customer you are calling is not equipped to recieve incoming calls-5V1." When I try to call out I get a message pop up: "Mobile network not available."

Under "Sim status" I get: "no service", "disconnected", "out of service" and "unknown". Under "choose network:": "disconnected" and " Couldn't find networks. Try again." Calls and SMS have Public Mobile greyed out. (Temporarily unavailable.)

Not a new customer. Original owner of the phone. My wife has Public Mobile and has no issues with her service. Whats going on?

I will contact customer support but I'm already waiting 5 days for a reply on a separate non- urgent issue. Any advice is welcome.

12 REPLIES 12

RavingRaven

@Phil_Adelphus 

No. Back to normal telling me my renewal date. I guess it was a system glitch. Calls and SMS still greyed out though.

@RavingRaven  Does the system still say you're temporarily suspended?

RavingRaven

Everything back to normal except the greyed out calls and SMS settings. I did try calling myself from my fongo # after mentioning the voicemail default to @Phil_Adelphus and my voicemail did pick up after 5 rings (not on the actual phone though). I called again using fongo and my wife's phone (with my Sim card) began to ring. After that it seems fixed. I'm going to keep an eye on they greyed out settings.

RavingRaven

Fixed!

How strange is that? All of a sudden texts came through. I can make and recieve calls. Calls and texts still appear greyed out under Public Mobile in settings. This is my sim card in my wife's phone. I'm switching back to my phone and report back.

RavingRaven

@Phil_Adelphus 

If customer support ever responds I've asked them to reprovision my Sim card and reset my account but I have had no issues indicating a faulty card. It's worked perfectly from the beginning. I don't see how a faulty Sim card would cause the system to tell me I've been temporarily suspended along with the other automated messages. You would think calls would default to voicemail.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RavingRaven 

Looks like that you will need to wait for customer service agent help.  Might need an account refresh on the backend. 

Maybe try your Wife's SIM card in your phone.  Everything working fine?  

@RavingRaven   I know they don't usually fail but could it be a faulty sim card?

RavingRaven

@hTideGnow 

Everything showing in my account is current. The wife's service has no issues.

HI @RavingRaven 

and if you login My Account now using Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser, it is still showing active?

you have other account with PM in your household and they are able to connect PM without problem? just want to see if it is a network problem in your area

RavingRaven

Update:

OK tried airplane mode. Nada.

Sim card in another phone it all comes up as connected etc....Under calls and SMS: Public Mobile but "calls and SMS" is greyed out.

Can send SMS but they are not recieved. I cannot recieve SMS. Data says connected but I have no working data service.

Callers get: "The customer you are calling is unavailable. Please try again later. -1UV1"

Calling out I get either: "You've used all available minutes. Call *611 to buy more minutes and/or to buy a booster call *611." Or "You do not have an active plan."

My plan renewed a week ago. I still have plan minutes and data as well as both data and minute add ons. ( $15 plan.) Active service plan.

Calling 611 says: Sorry you account has been temporarily suspended. To make a payment...."

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RavingRaven 

Probably already tried rebooting your phone. 

Maybe a network reset of your phone (Note: this will erase any saved Wifi passwords)

In your self service account, your account status is active?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RavingRaven  I imagine you've already tried airplane mode on, wait a few minutes, airplane mode off?  How about your sim in your wife's phone and vice versa?

Need Help? Let's chat.