cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public mobile

Beth27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So far so good. I hope I don’t have any regret on switching on this provider. 

10 REPLIES 10

Ronnieboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Love it too

@sarbearbug   Yes, separate emails plus SIMs are required for each account but the workaround is using an alias email address so that all emails will go to the main email address.  Makes its easier to manage accounts for family especially minor children.

e.g., Gmail makes alias email quite simple, for instance, if the main account has sarbearbug for email address, just use sarbearbug.kid1@gmail.com and assign no. 2 for the second email alias etc.   Also it's advised to use "." instead of "+" for the email alias as there are issues with receiving 2FA's from PM when using plus sign unlike using the full stop in the email address.

sarbearbug
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you need three separate emails to sign everyone up?  Want to sign up 3 kids as well for talk and text but not sure of the best approach.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Beth27 

I would have to say the most important problem is auto-pay/pre-authorized payment. it randomly fails at times causing one to lose service or create provision problems during the renewal process. there is a workaround to avoid the issue which involves one to make manual payments before their renewal date. it's up to the customer how they want to manage their account, but I wouldn't want to take the chance on losing service. it also avoids having to contact customer support for service issues which can be a pain... most customers would like it up and running right away, however, most of the time it won't be that way. customer support will reply anywhere from 1-2 days with 2-3 messages a day. it's not an instant chat type of communication so it's important to provide as much detail as possible. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I have 3 accounts as well. No huge issues other than RAF payments and the odd CSA that is not customer oriented. Most issues are self inflicted. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Beth27  Also read things closely, like plan changes for instance.. if in doubt ask here.. welcome aboard 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not better or worse than all the other providers  - but just less expensive. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Beth27 

You've already started out on the right foot by acknowledging this community of hard-working, knowledgeable folks who are only too eager to jump in and help when you pose a question.

Patience and persistence usually pays off around here.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Welcome aboard.

Some customers do have issues logging to account but page refresh or using different browser do solve these issues.

If you have to change password for whatever reason, after changing it wait 15-20 min before trying to log in again.

All account issues are handled by PM agents. Everything else is handled by friendly and knowledgeable customers here.

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

congratulations, we have 3 lines now, two of them not heavy users, so $15 is great

Need Help? Let's chat.