cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New points program

J1T1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I switch to the new points program will I lose the bonuses I receive already received and not used up? For example extra data and international calling?

13 REPLIES 13

paprika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

‏‏‎ ‎

paprika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

‏‏‎ ‎

Much like the Feb 2018 hike on the 40 dollar a month plan to 50 that got roasted and switched back within 24 hours. That I got to be a part of lol

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Died 

If it ain't broke don't fix It!

@Died wrote:

Well! Public mobile gonna lose me if they phase out the previous rewards program.. this points bull**bleep** is not for the benefit of the public it’s for the benefit of the big sharks that never seem to ever have enough .. so iPhone13 or iphone100000000 is really just a bait for us the little ones 

good luck losing customers..

@Died   To be honest, I do not see it going any time soon.  I don't think they will touch it for at least another 3 years.  They might try to push us out if enough members on the old rewards system migrated or left PM.  So, enjoy what you have.    🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J1T1   You sure you want to go?  you know how much Loyalty reward you will lost?

A comparison for you to understand old vs new before you migrate:

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Died 

Rewards are not going anywhere....thats why Public Points got created. The attorneys told telus to grandfather the rewards program or face many thousands of complaints to the competition board and the advertising standards branch and a public relations disaster. But if you are angry about this you should be just as enraged about the 30% rate hike to the $10 plan because if it goes thru it's open season on every grandfathered plan at public mobile.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Died
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well! Public mobile gonna lose me if they phase out the previous rewards program.. this points bull**bleep** is not for the benefit of the public it’s for the benefit of the big sharks that never seem to ever have enough .. so iPhone13 or iphone100000000 is really just a bait for us the little ones 

good luck losing customers..

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm gonna take a different spin on this @J1T1 

Go ahead, switch to the Public Points - PLEASE

The more folks who switch over from the old plan, perhaps the more likely Public Mobile (TELUS) will reach it's financial targets for cost-saving and maybe they'll not force everyone else over.

So, for the benefit of the rest of us who like to save more $$$, switch away!!!  😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J1T1 

DON'T DO IT. JUST DON'T.  JUST DON'T DO IT.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@J1T1 

All your Rewards will be switched to points $1=1 point except for $2 credit for using AutoPay…it will not be used towards your 5% points.

Good luck on the iPhone 13 contest if you entered with your points.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J1T1 No you will not lose those but you will no longer have your rewards discounts to lower your bill such as $2 auto-pay discount. Instead of loyalty per month you get only q10 points a year. 

If you switch do note you cannot go back to old rewards.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Definitely Not! All bonuses you have will stay on your account. Points are in regards to Rewards, not Bonuses.

If you switch (Nooooooo!) instead of rewards you will get points you can trade for goodies..

Need Help? Let's chat.