cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jackpot

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I know this infamous new points program has a jackpot option for redemption of points. Currently it looks like there is a draw for 3 iPhone 13s and a draw for beats ear buds.

Not sure if there have been any other draw prior to this or these are still the first because it is a relatively new program, but is there any transparency with it? It doesn't look like they do a live draw, but will they divulge how many entrants or other things like that? It seems to me like a good way to burn up your points without having anything to show for it because your odds may be about as good as winning the lottery (or reinstituing the old rewards program) 

13 REPLIES 13

paprika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

‏‏‎ ‎

paprika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

‏‏‎ ‎

Lol good point.. I think it's best to turn and run the other way from this option when it comes to these new reward points...but they probably bank on people not being able to shake that "what if" this one time feeling. It would be a pretty sweet score. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

I also agree that buying entries is nothing more than gambling.

They use the word Jackpot, it is telling us it is a Gamble already  

lol ...@hTideGnow I don't think I would gamble any points, but part of me is tempted because if by some miracle I won, I wouldn't be able to complain about the new reward program as it would have paid for the new program AND the old program about 50 times over

It looks like there is a deadline at least when I was reading the draw for the iPhones and then a day or 2 later they do the draw and they say winners will be contacted within 5 business days after that via email...hut still a lot of question marks in many other areas. 

@NDesai wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI All, but one thing I am also curious, is the PM jackpots really with PM members only?  They won't mix it with Telus rewards jackpot, right?

That would not be fair for PM and Telus customers.
Not knowing how many entries there are currently along with other transparency on contest details, make a lot of us not want to gamble away points. 

I know that a bunch of members have informed Public Mobile of this, but I believe that all of this is a lottery.  I have seen no obvious details about how this draw works, the odds, the deadlines, and most importantly anything about who/if there is an independent company witnessing these prize draws.  I have no reason to believe that everything isn't above board, but the appearance of that is important.   I also agree that buying entries is nothing more than gambling.

... and they all have a contest close date? like one jackpot every month?  or they close the contest until enough entries? 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI All, but one thing I am also curious, is the PM jackpots really with PM members only?  They won't mix it with Telus rewards jackpot, right?

That would not be fair for PM and Telus customers.
Not knowing how many entries there are currently along with other transparency on contest details, make a lot of us not want to gamble away points. 

Yeah all these things would be nice to find out, but the terms and conditions are pretty vague. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

There have been no draws yet. Being early in the program your odds may be better than when there are more new customers. Is it worth a point or two now? Sure why not but in the long run I would say no save your points. Go for the big prize....the beats are cheap enough as they are....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JL9   Probably not many of us have experience with that as most of the us are staying on the old rewards. 

I know someone has Telus account and have similar Jackpot and maybe they can explain 

or @JL9 , maybe you can enter one and come back and let us know  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.