cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan, no service!

cadellijames
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ran out of data during the ice storm that recently occurred in the Montreal area. I looked into buying 1GB and saw that they have a better plan than what i currently have: 15gb for $40. I opted to switch to that plan now (as opposed to the next billing date) and two hours later, I’m still waiting for the data to kick in. I submitted a ticket to customer support, still no answer. Whats up, Public Mobile? Is this a joke?

5 REPLIES 5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cadellijames 

use your laptop and log in to your PM account ..then try this to confirm which plan you currently have...

refresh.jpg

@cadellijames 

when making plan changes it's always best to manually load funds into the account before opting for the change. 

@cadellijames wrote:

Did all those things. Still nothing.

@cadellijames 

Does talk and text work?

Is your new plan showing up in your self service account? Were you charged immediately?

Customer service agents don't work overnight, so should be working now.  You should be getting a response in the next 1-2 hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope on upper right corner of website)

A few other basic trouble shooting advice:

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.

Try the SIM card in another phone. To see whether same issue.

Network reset of phone (this will erase your Wifi settings,etc)

cadellijames
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did all those things. Still nothing.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cadellijames   message support again for update

And, can you try to login My Account again using Incognito mode to confirm the plan already changed?

If it does, also confirm  your phone's Mobile data page did not have data limit enabled.  If so, disable it

Also, reboot the phone once more

Need Help? Let's chat.