cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New packages being offered.

Kremzeek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been on a simple 1 Gb plan for about 2 years now...no complaints with the service.
About a month ago, I was offered a 20 Gb plan for $34/mo. It seemed like a good deal, so I took it.
Now, I see they're offering a 50 Gb plan for $34 month, to NEW members. What about us loyal members?
Stuff like this REALLY bugs me...enough to get me to cancel my plan, just so that I could get the BETTER deal...

13 REPLIES 13

addonsnotworkin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Loyalty to 5 years.... Yaya pm 

addonsnotworkin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I am trying to DM you my personal info please let me send more

@Cheetah24 haha, it is Rogers, they have Winback for prepaid probably because it's tier 1 provider, I imagine Koodo Prepaid and Fido Prepaid might have similar offers. But I doubt any tier 3 prepaid offering this 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech: It's Rogers that he's using. 🙂

Kremzeek

Basically they've said: "You can upgrade to a new plan...or be thankful for the one you have."
Sure hope they dangle a carrot soon because this has left a bad taste in my mouth...once my loyalty is tested, it's gone.

Kremzeek

Public Mobile...

@Kremzeek which provider??

Cheetah24

@softechMy friend actually has a pre-paid plan; while I am surprised by this too, his experience let me know believe that large scale carriers do offer Winback for pre-paid as well; it depends on whether they find the customer useful to keep I guess 🙂 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Kremzeek that is what providers do.  They offer the best deal to get new customers!!!  One thing to remember is that NEW customers aren't going to have the benefits that you have as I believe you would be on the old reward system and that is a HUGE benefit compared to the points system.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

it is common for carriers to offer the best deals  to new subscribers only, it is how the mobile business runs. PM is just like any other mobile providers and following the "rules" in this business 

Yes, postpaid providers will also leave some Winback offers in the back pocket for retention department to try to calm existing subscribers.  However, PM is a prepaid provider. Prepaid providers do not have Winback offers and won't try to match other deals

Cheetah24

Every carrier offers new deals for new customers; so this is really normal in my opinion. At public mobile the difference is that most times we know what others are getting which I can understand adds to frustration. In other providers sometimes you don't know what others are getting offered. I posted this in another thread as well, I had a friend who was on one carrier (Rogers I think) and he had a certain plan, then he got a way better plan by another carrier. When Rogers knew he was leaving he got a much better plan than what he was offered. Ultimately he now has a plan that most customers don't get and is not even advertised anywhere. And some of my friends keep hopping to different carriers every year during boxing week to get the "best" deal.

But with public mobile you have to consider the fact that the longer you stay you get loyalty points so you pay less, so it's a matter of whether those points are worth to you or not. I think for everyone it works a bit differently. 🙂 🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kremzeek 

I was on the $25 1GB plan as well and there was a plan for $29 30GB 4G and I know it said just for new customers but I respectfully and politely asked if I could be upgraded to this plan. $4 25GB more data and moving from 3G to 4G....  yes please!  A few hours later, they gave it to me. Easy as pie. Give them a try and see what they say. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

EDIT: This was a post from yesterday.

I upgraded from the $25 5GB 3G plan to the $29 30GB 4G plan today. Just note, they will only "upgrade" and not downgrade. I give full credit to @Handy1  and @kb_mv for sharing this with the community. 

EDIT: Added Pictures

Chalupa_Batman_0-1704341354388.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kremzeek 

You can check with PM agent.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

But remember, that plan supposed to be for new activation, so agent might decline your request, although some reported they got it.

Need Help? Let's chat.