cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can/US Data Plan - Going to college in NJ

JDodd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter currently has the Can/US 50Gb data plan from the initial time it was offered.  She will be starting college in NJ in September, and we just wanted to make sure that we’re reading everything correctly and she will be able to use her plan for the months that she's there with no roaming issues. 

I know that she’ll need to get a local number like google number for things like their taxi app and venmo, but otherwise everything should be set up correctly? 

2 REPLIES 2

JDodd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!  She has an Iphone 12 so she should be ok with VoLTE.  I think when we landed the last time I connected to T-Mobile so that should be good - thank you for mentioning that!  I think its more likely that she would Facetime everyone instead of calling though 😅.  Ok so once Roaming data has been enabled, she’ll be good to go!  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JDodd yes, data/voice/text will all function when she is in US with no extra charges. 

Makes sure Roaming Data is enabled in the device and she connects to T-Mobile or AT&T (or manually connect the one with more stable connection), and better to leave it on 4G/LTE instead of 5G

voice calls could be slightly more trouble if her phone is not VoLTE whitelisted with PM. What kind of phone she has?? But if she should be fine if she has one of these models (or the newer one on those) :

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Need Help? Let's chat.