Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Network Available on the TTC Subway

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Public Mobile customers now have even more mobile coverage in select areas of the TTC subway system. 

You can talk, text, and browse in connected portions of the Toronto Transit Company (TTC) subway tunnels and all stations. 

Where on the TTC will I have a mobile network connection?

You will have network connection in all stations of the TTC across lines 1, 2 and 3. You’ll also be able to access your service in the tunnels connecting these stations: 

Line 1

• Between Vaughan Metropolitan Centre and Sheppard West including the stations between:
    • Highway 407
    • Pioneer Village
    • York University
    • Finch West 
    • Downsview Park
  • Between St. George and Bloor-Yonge including the stations between: 
    • Museum
    • Queen’s Park
    • St. Patrick
    • Osgoode
    • St. Andrew
    • Union
    • King
    • Queen
    • Dundas
    • College
    • Wellesley

Line 2

• Between St. George and Bloor-Yonge including the stations between: 
    • Bay

What will the mobile connection experience look like on the TTC?

Your mobile connectivity is designed to be consistent throughout your journey if you're traveling through TTC subway sections where both the stations and tunnels are connected to our network.

In places where only the stations are network-enabled, you'll have uninterrupted service while 1) standing on the platform or 2) aboard a stationary train. Note that your service will be temporarily unavailable between stations until you reach the next one with coverage.

When will network coverage in other areas be available?

We're diligently working to extend our network, paving the way for universal access and mobile connectivity across the entire TTC system. We’ll let you know as soon as updates are available. 

• The Public Mobile Team

27 REPLIES 27

romrumrira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried it and it was fast. I'm very happy with the service 🙂

@discipline wrote:

wow im glad i signed up with public mobile.

The wireless servcie ont the TTC isn't specific to only Public Mobile.  The carriers were ordered to make this happen.

discipline

wow im glad i signed up with public mobile.

JaredC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wow good job guys keep it up!

Manosh_Haldar

This is such a great upgrade. I remember the last time I went to Toronto and on my way there was no network available. This will help tourists navigate their way especially those who rely on google maps. 

KJ51

This is so exciting!!! The worst part of my commute was having no data or service on the TTC, so I'm super glad Public is now available to use on it! Seems like lots of stations are included as well

Jberetta2002

Glad that monopoly and ridiculous contract is up (CRTC ruled that Rogers, the new main network provider within the ttc system - must allow other networks access... It's really for the benefit of all people) and other network providers are allowing use of the hardware within the system. Rogers will lease out access to the other providers (at a reasonable rate? Well, that would have been within the CRTC ruling).

*not the Rogers was going to pull the same BS as the original contract contained... 

Jberetta2002

That company that held the contract for cell network/inter and intranet within the ttc subway system really was at fault for that.. the only network (mostly, not even fully) functional within the system was Wind /Freedom, and their proprietary hardware (and the contract in place) didn't allow for the "standard" network providers to operate... 

Ryan2347

Is there going to be more expansions for line 2??

yamacandy

I just took line 1 yesterday from Yorkdale to Union. When underground, it did work sometimes. Still on and off but it is better than nothing!! 😄

msteph

This is great news -will come in handy for my two teens who regularly use the subway

on9francisyu

Welcome to the 2024 that other people have that for years. 

Kydd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As expected 

Annieyingying

My kid called me to pick him up last night, after he went on train, then he found his friend can drop off hom, and kept calling and texting me, but caould not send out at all. Then I wasted my time waiting at Finch Station...

hi  @Annieyingying 

that would more be a Rogers problem as Rogers lay the network, other providers just tap on the network

Annieyingying

Still lot of place on subway can't get singal 

JenCanada

Finally public mobile on TTC

Flameotter

@J_PM 

Thank you for confirming the details. I have been sharing that most carriers should be getting cell service on the TTC albeit without first hand experience yet.

Kydd

Great news thanks for the update Looking forward to 2024 

MaheshB

@J_PM Excellent news!  Keep up the great work!

jwalker01

This is great news as commuting to work is a pain passing through the tunnels without connection. Hopefully more updates on the rest of the stations, especially for the east and west end.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I was on the Subway last week and I can confirm that line 2 from Kipling to Yonge was completely covered with mostly 5G, brief drops to 4G and a brief loss of signal in the tunnel west of Royal York station.  There were a lot of passenger surfing the net and streaming videos and music.  

That suprises me west of Royal York because the train goes outside there.  I would have though that there would be more diffiiculties between Royal York and Old Mill due the relatively long stretch of underground tunnel.

I am just a single data point which might not reflect other's experience nor is it statistically significant.  

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @J_PM,

Thank you for the update! That is a big win for the Toronto subway commuters! 

@will13am wrote:

I was on the Subway last week and I can confirm that line 2 from Kipling to Yonge was completely covered with mostly 5G, brief drops to 4G and a brief loss of signal in the tunnel west of Royal York station.  There were a lot of passenger surfing the net and streaming videos and music.  

That suprises me west of Royal York because the train goes outside there.  I would have though that there would be more diffiiculties between Royal York and Old Mill due the relatively long stretch of underground tunnel.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM  Cool that’s great news that many will benefit from , thanks for sharing 

Need Help? Let's chat.