cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customers get 3x the Public Points on purchases

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I can't find the terms and expiry date for this, but this is kind of frustrating especially for people who had no choice but to get onto the new rewards plan which is far inferior. So a 35 plan would get you around $1.75 worth of points, but now it will be 5.25 for new ppl....seems pretty unfair not to mention all the bugs with this rollout....I think anyone who has to use the new program should get that for whatever the limited time is ...but we know that won't be the case.

7 REPLIES 7

Screenshot_20220713-211749_Chrome.jpg

 insee someone saw the terms. I thought it would be a month or 2..but apparently it's a year so that is beyond unfair..... All new rewards ppl should get it to get at least a little bit back as even if they get 3x the points they will be worse off than the old rewards in the long run 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The terms are at the bottom of the Rewards page.

Copy/paste here (forgot how to do spoilers lol):

--------------------------------------

*Offer Details / legal:

Offer current as of July 13, 2022. Offer available to new customers who activate at Public Mobile. Offer provides 15% points-back for 12 months on eligible purchases on your plan or add-ons. Offer subject to change, and may be removed at any time. 15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons, and is not applicable to any other method of earning points (such as welcome present points, give back points, refer-a-friend, anniversary, etc.). Offer is applied as a 10% points-back bonus on top of the current in-market points-back offer of 5%. After the 12-month period, the 15% offer will be removed, and customer will revert to the in-market points-back offer, which is currently 5%.

Points bonus will automatically be applied separately from the regular 5% points-back to eligible purchases within 4-5 business days. Points bonus will expire if the account is deactivated.

This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

--------------------------------------

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I see the same thing on one of the web pages about 3x points but there is no explanation of eligibility.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/

@LegusY wrote:

I hope its not true and $5.25 is even more than the old reward system, I just activated my plan a week ago and I don't think I've seen this advertised anywhere. Please let us know!

@LegusY 

Must be limited time only. 

But where you all see that?

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope its not true and $5.25 is even more than the old reward system, I just activated my plan a week ago and I don't think I've seen this advertised anywhere. Please let us know!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JL9   If true, then yes that would be unfair for all customers who have had to sign up with the new points system.  Could be an error with the wording considering everything going on today.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JL9   where does it show that 3x points and how long?

Need Help? Let's chat.