cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account welcome points still given ???????

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM is now offering 3x Points-Back, on new accounts. On the $15 plan that amounts to a $2.25 credit each month.---In addition, do they still reward the new account welcome points?

33 REPLIES 33

I don't know this stuff at all. I just went and found it. I'm not interested in all these current plans and paying that money and certainly not points. But others are. To each their own money.

BEER

@dust2dust wrote:

Did you read footnote 2?

--------

15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons,

---------

Maybe it doesn't happen until your renewal (or add-on purchase).

You know your stuff --- thanks - will just be patient and wait ----

Did you read footnote 2?

--------

15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons,

---------

Maybe it doesn't happen until your renewal (or add-on purchase).

BEER

Didn't even get the new account 3x Points-back Earn $2.25/mo in pts value². Cut and pasting what I got.

Beer_0-1661185083509.png

@BEER wrote:

I have deleted the email - as you explained ---Perhaps I sprung to print   in haste ------ I'll just wait a few weeks and see what materializes. 

HI @BEER   so, you just referred a friend for this promotion?  you should have kept the email for reference and proof , just in case

BEER

@Outdoorsman wrote:

@Yea going through the same thing but am in contact with a customer service agent,yes can be frustrating I wonder how much money they save because people don’t follow up with them 

That seems to be happening more frequently with retailers -- My wife now insists that I give her the shopping receipts and on a regular basis she find overcharged items (but never undercharged). She circles them and then I take them back to the grocery store and of course they apologize and credit my card.  As you say - most people don't bother checking their grocery bills that results into extra profits for the store.

BEER

I have deleted the email - as you explained ---Perhaps I sprung to print   in haste ------ I'll just wait a few weeks and see what materializes. 

@Yea going through the same thing but am in contact with a customer service agent,yes can be frustrating I wonder how much money they save because people don’t follow up with them 

If you continue reading the fine print in that email, you'll see that the $5 will show up in the first week of September and thereafter.

Did that new account get $10? Does your account show the new referral...either a $1 or a point added?

BEER

Here we go again --- received email with promo if I make a referral both me and the new account would receive $25 ( $5 / month for 5 months) --also would receive referral fee $10. 

So I used one of my $2 SIM cards purchased through Bay with free shipping to test this out. After a few days, the new account did receive the 5 point welcome bonus. But  as usual nothing else materialized. And yes ----- I know,---- I know that I could open up a case and a nice Customer Service rep would most likely fix things up  ----but why always the hassle? Because of these constant unfulfilled offers -- out of our 4 family accounts only I remain. And strictly out of principle and frustration all 3 of my family member have switched back to Bell pre-paid for exactly the same monthly fee with same features plus a bonus of 500 gb data for the first 12 months. ---- And of course I know that Bell doesn't offer point but again who needs this  PM hassle?

The following is what I had expected -($5 welcome + $2.25 promo+ $5 refer+ $10 one time credit)

I believe if you are on any plan that is not on the current marketing page then by subscribing to autopay or the misnomer "pre-authorized payments" you will get the 500 MB auto pay bonus data. If you do not have auto pay and you're on an old plan like most rewards people still are you will lose your auto pay bonus if you are not subscribed to autopay. This does not apply to new accounts. I suspect if you ask customer support they will tell you you are on a grandfathered plan unless you have recently changed plans since they came out with the new 4G/3G plans page.

BEER

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 2.23.55 PM.png

Sorry. I could have described that better. I meant this is how the box looks on an account on rewards. Yours is an account on points.

BEER

@Yummy wrote:

I do not see any bonus data mentioned in any of current Plans????

Where do you see that. A while ago it was established that there is no more bonus data with autopay.

Beer_0-1661106583419.png

This popped up on my account page urging me to activate auto-pay -----But really -- who cares?

BEER

@dust2dust wrote:

This is the same thing on the old rewards.

dust2dust_0-1661103003056.png

No it isn't - The old auto-pay reward offered $2 bonus -- this time bonus data is offered but they keep it a secret as to what are the eligible plans.

Lol they should fix these but I don't think they will be anytime soon,  in 20 years and once they whittle down the rewards to 1 dollar a year for everything. They will still say enjoy 2 dollars off for autopay 

This is the same thing on the old rewards.

dust2dust_0-1661103003056.png

HI @BEER  right on.. this is no longer applicable.  

BEER

Welcome to the continuing grade-school-level marketing around here and the non-responsive error fixes. That and the grade-school-level IT department.

BEER

I just cut and pasted the following -     With pre-authorized payments, never worry about paying your bill. Plus enjoy bonus data on eligible plans.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I do not see any bonus data mentioned in any of current Plans????

Where do you see that. A while ago it was established that there is no more bonus data with autopay.

Which plan offering are you referring to ? I can't see any mention of bonus data on any of today's plans. Looks like that word has been scrubbed out.

Hasn't this been proven to be incorrect?  The current plan page no longer shows bonus data for auto payment.

BEER

What plans? What bonus data? With pre-authorized payments, never worry about paying your bill. Plus enjoy bonus data on eligible plans.

BEER

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @BEER  The 2GB, check the link.  That is an promotion now, someone said he tried and worked

I think it doesn't apply to the $15 plan ---------or does it?

Get an additional 2GB of data for free* for 12 months on plans $25/mo+ with promo code 12MONTHS2GB.

Hi @BEER  The 2GB, check the link.  That is an promotion now, someone said he tried and worked

BEER

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @BEER

and add to all the goodies,  2GB as well

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/2GBBONUS

Maybe you give your first bravo again to Jade for such great deals!!!

Like I said --from past experience  it may be too good to be true and possibly revised  by fine print somewhere.   And what's this about 2GB ?

Hi @BEER

and add to all the goodies,  2GB as well

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/2GBBONUS

Maybe you give your first bravo again to Jade for such great deals!!!

BEER

This seems too good to be true -  Many have also just received emails with $25 offer for refering new accounts as well as $25 to the new account. This will be rewarded at $5 / month credit to each account.

Plan $15 -($5 welcome + $2.25 promo+ $5 refer+ $10 one time credit)= -$7.25 Credit  for first month then $0.50 for the second month followed $ 7.75 for the balance of the promo period.

Need Help? Let's chat.