cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card sent to me without my authorization

FrancoBarbiero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why was a new SIM card charged to my account and sent to me without my authorization? I lost my old sim and suspended my account but did not want a new sim at this time.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@FrancoBarbiero wrote:

Why was a new SIM card charged to my account and sent to me without my authorization? I lost my old sim and suspended my account but did not want a new sim at this time.

@FrancoBarbiero - if this was just an email you received, then this was likely in error like many others it seems today. Have you had a sim purchase with public in the past?

Just ignore the email, see another member that had a response from a CSA: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/triple-punch-sim-card-order-i-didn-t-plac...     

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @FrancoBarbiero   you actually received a sim card?

or you similar see a $10 charge on your Payment History?  If you see a $10 charge there, there should be another charge as well, maybe $15.  PM usually breaks your monthly charge into 2 lines.  Maybe you didn't suspended your account or disable Autopay and PM was renewing your account as usual?

Send us some screenshots if you want us to understand where is the sim card charge

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Which account? Credit card? Bank via Visa Debit? The account here?

And you got the sim? Very odd.

@FrancoBarbiero wrote:

Public Mobile has no way to charge your Public Mobile account or credit card unless it is provided to the online ordering form. If you did not place this order, I would call your credit card company to change your card number.

Need Help? Let's chat.