cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone

Mike1099
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I purchase a new phone how do I add it to my account?

do I have to purchase a SIM card?

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI  @Mike1099 

If you have a line already, but the new the phone is for a new line, then you will have to get a new sim card, use a new email address to setup a new account.   You can download the PM app and start subscription from there when you have the new sim card ready

(you can buy the new Public Mobile sim card from TElus/Koodo stores near you)

RayZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you are a brand-new user in PM, yes you've got to buy a new SIM - either a physical or an e-SIM. You might not to pay for it in some cases such as a new user welcoming promotion as it's exempted by the company.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

No need to purchase a SIM card.   Just take the existing one out, and put it in the new phone, @Mike1099 

(EDIT:  presuming you don't prefer using e-SIM, in which case on the PM app, acquire a new one for the new device) 🙂

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Mike1099   Assuming you are replacing a previous phone, you just take the sim card out of the old phone and put it in the new one and that's it.  If you have an esim then download the Public Mobile app on the new phone, log in and purchase a new esim, you should not be charged for it if you had one before.  If you're thinking of two phones on the same account, you can't do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.