cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Marketing Tactic??

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm on the old rewards plan but received an email yesterday to tell me how many points I've accumulated and redemption options.  Since I'm not on that program surprise I have 0 points. lol.  I suspect this email may have gone out to customers regardless of the plan they're on.

16 REPLIES 16

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Public mobile is aware of these emails that were sent in error.  Supposedly, fixed this issue as of yesterday. 

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech 

I always log into the community in December to check for freebies. I don't want to miss out on those!!

@carlaspapa   But don't ignore those Dec. email, those are Christmas bonux.. LoL

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pmbc

I got that email too. I pretty much ignore all PM emails as I've learned most of them are mistakes. I've earned 0 points too!

@pmbc wrote:

I'm a little more cynical so I'll call it a tactic 😉

Well, it does not reflect well on the brand when incorrect information is sent out like this.  I don't see this as a good marketing tactic if it was intentional.  

it is true some people would get panic seeing that, thinking they got moved.  0 Point didn't help too as they might think all the hard earned rewards were not just migrated but GONE

I hope this is a one time glitch and we won't get this email monthly

pmbc

no worries about the email.  I wasn't concerned I was getting switched or anything, just thought it was funny to have received it is all.  It will gladly be ignored except to amuse me. 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc  Many have gotten this no need to worry your not being forced on it ,, ithe fact it says zero points is a good indicator of that

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Points are cheaper for PM so they would Love everybody to switch to Points.

pmbc

I'm a little more cynical so I'll call it a tactic 😉

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pmbc 

I think only some of us got that email.  My friends got it but not me.  And we already saw couple posts about that.

You probably aware you didn't get migrated.  Maybe it is a new market tactic to confuse others. But :

Keep Claim and be happy on the old rewards !!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc - i received an email like that too. I believe everyone probably gets it. Would it make some Old Rewards customers switch to new Public Points? Maybe. And maybe that is what Public is hoping for.

Just don't jump.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc 

LoL, I got the same message last month so don’t click bait anything.

GiraffeHat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe I did read something about reward emails going out in error. The consensus I read was to just disregard them.

@pmbc wrote:

I'm on the old rewards plan but received an email yesterday to tell me how many points I've accumulated and redemption options.  Since I'm not on that program surprise I have 0 points. lol.  I suspect this email may have gone out to customers regardless of the plan they're on.

This was sent by mistake. Please ignore the e-mail message.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pmbc   we believe it is not a tactic but just another system glitch

Again, no worry, you will probably see you only get 0 point now.  This confirms you are on the old rewards system.  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.