cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer: eSim not working

ZÉ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday when I registered online initially, PM said my phone was compatible for eSIM usage (I have an iPhone 12 Pro). During the process, a prompt popped up on my phone saying 'Unable to Activate eSim' etc. After waiting long past the allotted 5 hour mark to allow set up my eSim is still not working. I tried scanning the bar code I was given in an email from PM afterwards and I get the same error prompt on my phone 'Unable to Activate eSim' etc. I need this to work right away, I can't be waiting forever for customer service (really really really really wish you had a customer service number so I could talk to a human being instead of wasting countless hours spinning my wheels here and with the robot chat). As you can tell I'm super frustrated. I was going to set up my wife and in-laws on PM as well, but am having serious doubts with the rings of fire I have to jump through just to get my phone running properly. PLEASE HELP ASAP! Thank you for your time!

2 REPLIES 2

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ZÉ 

you can try :

Follow these steps
Go to Settings > General > About and look for any numbers under EID. If there are no numbers, contact Apple Support.

After following each step below, open Control Center by swiping down from the upper-right corner of the screen. Check if your carrier appears in the status bar. If not, go to the next step.

Turn Airplane Mode on and off.
Go to Settings > Cellular and check if the number you're trying to activate is shown. If it is, turn off the line and then turn it back on again.
Restart your device or devices.

If that is not working, please submit a ticket with PM CS agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ZÉ 

So, sound like you tried to scan QR code you got on your email?

do you have another eSIM from another provider? if so, try to disable it

If that does not help, you will need to message support for further assistance.  If the eSIM was never installed on any device, they might be able to resend you a new one

Please message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.