cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New $19 1GB and $29 10GB in my account!

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As shown below, you can currently switch to these plans as existing customers.

Also seems like the talk text $15 plan is removed from my account.

IMG_7324.png

Or is it just an offer for some existing customers?

I am going to recommend all $25 and some $15 plan users to get this one off a great deal!

$6 less than the old $25 1GB 3G plan and only $4 more than the $15 plan where you get 1GB! 

19 REPLIES 19

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just received a text from public mobile offering me 40 GB for $29 as an existing customer, previously that plan was only available to new customers

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There are other providers that has better plans with more features and real customer support 

Lucky 3GB $20, better referral plan

No Frills 3GB $19

Freedom Mobile 30GB yearly $149 = $12.5

Freedom Mobile 15GB yearly $119 = $10

SelmaSachs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So true, I'm not happy and thinking of cancelling.

SelmaSachs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree with this comment, I'm considering cancelling my subscription.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

it’s too bad how PM treads existing customs.
If you don’t have referrals, it’s not worth switching plans, port out to a different provider and port back in again, you will get a better new activation plans.

40GB for $29 instead of 10 GB

3GB for $19 instead of 1 GB

@Meow  Right, I just wasn't sure if you were wanting to port your landline to your existing plan or get an additional one for the landline because a second account would be considered a new customer so you could get whatever you liked for that one.

fixin1

@funpig1 - Although they do this all of the time, so it can change at any time so hurry and get it.

fixin1

@dabr - Yes, only 3 plans are available for existing customers, other than the hidden $19 1GB and $29 10GB plans.

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Meow   If you already have the $15 can't you still port the number to it?  If it was to be for a separate account then you would be a new customer.

I do have $15 plan but 100 outgoing minutes are nor really helpful if that is your main phone. Consider wait for some services like government or whatever... 'We appreciate your patience and will be with you shortly (like in an hour or two)'.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @computergeek541 

$19 1GB is basically the same plan for those $25 owners, with a speed upgrade to 4G.  So, even with old rewards dead, $25 plan owners pay the same  (considering getting 0.95 point and the $6 decrease)

Another way to look at this is how with new account activations, customers can get 9GB of data over 90 days for $57.  That's a better value than the $19/30 day plan.

funpig1

PM should give current subscribers a heads up before removing an available  subscription e.g. this plan will "end on May 20".  I think subscribers were still trying to decide whether to change to the $15 4G 0GB or the $29 4G 40GB plan.  These were new and were available to current subscribers. I thought these plans would be around for a while.  Now suddenly gone without warning.  Not a nice way to treat long time customers.

HI @computergeek541 

$19 1GB is basically the same plan for those $25 owners, with a speed upgrade to 4G.  So, even with old rewards dead, $25 plan owners pay the same  (considering getting 0.95 point and the $6 decrease)

There being a $19 plan for existing customers is promising, but I'm disappointed that it only includes 1GB.  Also, the $29 plan only including 10GB isn't going to go over well (when new customers will get 40GB).

@Meow   If you already have the $15 can't you still port the number to it?  If it was to be for a separate account then you would be a new customer.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What the ...?

WHERE is $15 unlimited calls/text plan for existing customers??????
Not that I desperately need it but that will stop me for porting land line to my account.

THIS IS REALLY SHAMEFUL MOVE FROM PM.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Wonderful! Inferior options for current customers!

Also if I were being cynical, I'd think the removal of the new version of $15 plan with unlimited talk/text/no data for existing customers was to stop current customers taking advantage of using their add-on data, gifted/purchased before the 30 day expiry policy was put in place by changing to that plan.  It wasn't useful for me as I don't need unlimited mins, but obviously for many it was a better option.

HI @AK32 

no, they are for existing account as I see it on my own My Account too

AK32

I believe these plans are being offered to new activations. perhaps its an option for those on the $15 plans as PM would be making more money if you go for a higher plan rate.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @fixin1 

i don't see it on mine yet. But it is good. Effectively, that is a price decrease to the $25 plan from before.... and and upgrade for plan speed

Need Help? Let's chat.