Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network in PM

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey, 

I hope everyone is doing great.

I had a curiosity or another question in which I want to ask like - do you face network issues in your home as well, because I got the SIM card last week on Saturday and since then if I'm outside, then the network and speed is quite good! But when I'm at home, the network drops drastically and I'm on the ground floor of the house, but still sometimes I feel like the network is like too low for that, which might be because the windows are closed or maybe just maybe in my area and indoor coverage might not be so good.

What do you think should I do - should I raise ticket to let people know to look into it or something else? 

19 REPLIES 19

Shubh2023

When he comes downstairs, to talk to us, with this provider (Fido), he gets 2-3, but, it fluctuates, so, I guess, maybe it is just the same for everyone! 

So, I guess, it is just temporary, or maybe the room is shut (windows too) so, it might be slowing down, but, it is alright! I do not mind, till the point, data & calls work fine! But, I just wanted to tell you guys! 

I may have missed it if someone else asked, but have you tried your landlord's family phone/s downstairs as well to see if their reception is as good there as on the upper level?   Where I am it didn't make much difference to the number of bars whether Rogers or PM.  I switched to PM from Rogers because we usually lose Rogers to some extent, usually data, whenever there is a power failure but that may be a rural thing depending on power backup for individual towers.  I don't lose PM during power failures (at least haven't so far, hope I'm not speaking too soon!) so rather than have the whole family on one carrier we are hedging our bets.

Shubh2023

The network fluctuates but it isn't that bad! So, normal calls works fine!

Shubh2023

You might be right about it. However with time, things can change. My landlord has been using this provider for a while, plus after the 2022 outage, Rogers improved themselves. 

Shubh2023

Understandable. Thanks for the input!

HI @Shubh2023 

you can use VoIP TextNow as a temporary solution to make calls

@Shubh2023 Why do you think it's a temporary issue? It sounds like the Rogers tower is closer to your house than the Telus tower, or Rogers is using a frequency that penetrates walls better.

torichintan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Coverage inside homes/buildings can suffer whomever the provider you have. I have had this issue with every one in my home across various devices, so I do not think it's a provider issue typically. 

Shubh2023

I guess it might be a temporary issue. So, maybe will see! But, tbh, I stay our most of the times, so, in long term, it might be good! 

Landlord and Landlady has Fido, his elder son has Chatr, younger one has Fido. Meanwhile, we are 4 people (including me) in ground floor - all with PM

So, will see, how it goes! Maybe too much pressure on the network from one single place lol

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Indoors can be tough if the nearest tower isn't so near. I was also going to suggest trying to connect to 4G vs 5G, but I see you tried that and it made no difference.

You could look into purchasing a signal booster, but to be honest if another provider has better service where you need it most, that might be the better option. Public Mobile and Koodo use the Telus network; Chatr and Fido use the Rogers network; Lucky and Virgin use the Bell network (which should have the same coverage as Telus). What network does your landlord use? Is it Rogers/Fido/Chatr?

Shubh2023

Speed test does take away 100s of MB so, I did tests, like 2-3 times, but, speed was good, but, since 1-2 days, it is going down (network)

The network fluctuates too, like in kitchen, or common space, it's around 1. In my room, it's 1-2, 2 or 3 bars are quite less, in last few days!

Shubh2023

Oh that's funny haha

Hope I can say the same, within a few days. Let's see!

Shubh2023

Maybe you're right, they might be working, as in my address, it doesn't happen a lot as other networks works fine (counting my landlord too)

Shubh2023

I'm using 5G, but, even if I bring it to 4G, it is still the same!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Shubh2023 , this service runs on the Telus network (shares towers with Bell) which should have good coverage.  Check out the towers in your locale to see how well you are covered.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.000000&lng=-97.000000&zoom=4&type=Roadm...

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023   Does it change as you move around the house with some spots better than others?  How does the speed compare between indoors and outside on a speed-test (bearing in mind that speed tests if you're on 5G use up a lot of data)?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023 , its the opposite for me, I get a great signal (full bars) at home but once I leave the signal usually drops down to 1 or none!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Shubh2023 

it is possible, but it could be just a short time thing, they can be upgrading network or some site has problem and they are fixing it

try to change your network to 3G or 4G or 5G and hope one of them works better

and try Reset All networks and it might help

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023  You happen to be on 5G plan ? What’s your network settings on maybe try it on LTE may get a better signal and still get fast speeds . Better  then 100mbs of a 4G plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.