cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to transfer my n7mber

Taugmail
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

39 REPLIES 39

@Taugmail   the temporary number won't end in 90 mins. 

You have 90 mins to reply to a text send from your old provider if you have successfully submitted your porting request.  But have you submit the porting request yet?  You said the number is not eligible?

OK @Taugmail 

I'm gonna send you a phone number.   You'll see it on the little envelope icon upper right.   If you're having porting related problems, they may be able to help.

Taugmail

So what happen with my temporary phone that ends in 90 minutes. I already paid and it has been frustrated all this process . I don't have the plan on my phone. I have been on internet for almost 3 hours and nothing

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Taugmail 

You've been given the information you need to proceed.   Follow through it.   If you prefer, you can deal with the Customer Support Agents.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Taugmail wrote:

Your windows are different.  I choose transfer phone and it says phone number not eligible to port

@Taugmail 

1. Which provider you are trying to transfer the number from? If it is from Koodo , is it Koodo prepaid?  If not Koodo, which provider

2. check if you phone number is eligible to port from this site

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Taugmail

I need to transfer my number

Taugmail

Your windows are different.  I choose transfer phone and it says phone number not eligible to port

@Taugmail wrote:

My account

Plan and add-ons

Payments

Rewards

Log out

That is what I see

@Taugmail  that's good, you are there

Click Profile, then click Change Phone Number button, then click Transfer Phone Number tab as below:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

Taugmail

My account

Plan and add-ons

Payments

Rewards

Log out

That is what I see

Taugmail

I don't see legends and fearures

Taugmail

I don't see that

@Taugmail  Go to profile tab 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1677458268217.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

Taugmail

I have access to my account.  What do I do

@Taugmail wrote:

How can I transfer. It was supposed to be easy steps.  

@Taugmail   it is an easy step, but you need to remember you My account login to request it yourself

Can you follow our advise to do it this way?

1. Open ticket with PM support and explain that you do not have access to My Account and also need to port your phone number.   Please direct message it here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Again you need to message it yourself and work with support via Messaging on the Community inbox.  We are just customers like you and we cannot do much.  You need to follow the steps we provided and work with support to get this resolved.  It would be an easy step, please message PM support

Taugmail

How can I transfer. It was supposed to be easy steps.  

Taugmail

I havenot be able to transfer my phone

@Taugmail   The account here is the email address you used to registered Public Mobile.

Again, you can follow the steps I provided to reset the password or open ticket with PM support for further assistance.  We are just customers like you and hence this is as much as we can assist

Or maybe you can have someone to help you to reset the password or help you to open ticket with PM Support?

Taugmail

What is the account here. I already paid

,,> I cannot even log in to self-serve  who will help me

@Taugmail let's do one thing at a time. Let's get your access to My account back .  We are just customers like you. But you can try to self reset password or ask PM support to help 

First try to use the Reset Password link there on the login page (or direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/forgot-password) enter any possible email addresses you could have used and see if it works

if not, PM support will be your friend then, please open ticket with them

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

@Taugmail  Do you have old providers SIM card still and its active services are working ? If so start by putting that SIM card in phone and you need to sign into self serve . Then go to profile tab to change / port number there you will need to put in the phone number your trying to port along with carrier name the number comming from and the old carriers account number once you go through these steps you will receive a text from old provider to confirm you want to port … you will have 90 mins from that text to reply YES and then your port and that’s it 

Taugmail

I cannot be without number. I already paid

Taugmail

I cannot even log in to self-serve  who will help me

Taugmail

I am using my phone. I need help

@Taugmail  If all else fails you can ask support to help you also 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

@Taugmail  when signing into public mobile do so incognito private mode there at cache issues or even a computer 

Taugmail

I cannot access yo nothing

Taugmail

I need help

Hi @Taugmail you just activated Public Mobile?  when you activated, you have created a login to My Account.  Just login there and goto profile page. There click Change Phone number and then Transfer phone number to complete the Porting request.

Let us know if you have any trouble with the process 

@Taugmail gonto https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

do you have an account created?  you should when you activated

@Taugmail  So you have activated a SIM card and paid correct ? With email and password you used to create account go to Public mobile website and sign in with those credentials and go to profile tab in my last post to you and port if your doing this on mobile device , if your doing it on computer refer to @softech  post 

Need Help? Let's chat.