cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from land line to PM - does account holder name have to match between old landline and new?

CynthiaPublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I like PM especially due to the price. My kids all have PM plans.
I would like to help my elderly mom port her Shaw landline to a PM mobile plan. 
I have looked at the articles about this. (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

My question
1. does the new PM mobile plan's account holder name have to match the account holder name on the pre-existing landline account that I am trying to port.
2. I ask as it would be ALOT easier if I could take this chance to put MY name on the PM mobile plan instead of my mom's as I will take care of all the billing on the new PM mobile plan etc 

Appreciate all answers thank you!!

11 REPLIES 11

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@computergeek541 

Hmmmmmm just tried....not forced to take a city. Try it. 

I had my city on all 3 accounts then when the improved web site came out, the city was missing, and still is. I just tried to change and it kind of wanted me to select  a city..... I tapped out to payments and went back to profile....and no city. My preference is to not give invalid info. And the postal code tells what city and province I am in. 

I just tried.  If the city is already blank and you try to make any change to the name or address, you cannot proceed unless selecting a city. 

@computergeek541 

Hmmmmmm just tried....not forced to take a city. Try it. 

I had my city on all 3 accounts then when the improved web site came out, the city was missing, and still is. I just tried to change and it kind of wanted me to select  a city..... I tapped out to payments and went back to profile....and no city. My preference is to not give invalid info. And the postal code tells what city and province I am in. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Probably not....but the FROM information must be correct. 

The name, address, city on PM can be anything you want ...  PM Is all screwed up when it comes to city. Yours might be there and if not....I leave it blank and add the correct postal code. So put in as much as possible for now and change it later to whatever you like. 

The blank city name is the result of when the Self Serve system was updated.  If your city was not in the list, the field was left blank. However, if you an existing customer ever makes any change to the address, a city must be selected.  Also, new customer will not be able to leave the city field blank. Doing so will result in an error message and the system will not allow the activating customer to proceed to the next step.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Probably not....but the FROM information must be correct. 

The name, address, city on PM can be anything you want ...  PM Is all screwed up when it comes to city. Yours might be there and if not....I leave it blank and add the correct postal code. So put in as much as possible for now and change it later to whatever you like. 

@CynthiaPublic wrote:

I like PM especially due to the price. My kids all have PM plans.
I would like to help my elderly mom port her Shaw landline to a PM mobile plan. 
I have looked at the articles about this. (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

My question
1. does the new PM mobile plan's account holder name have to match the account holder name on the pre-existing landline account that I am trying to port.
2. I ask as it would be ALOT easier if I could take this chance to put MY name on the PM mobile plan instead of my mom's as I will take care of all the billing on the new PM mobile plan etc 

Appreciate all answers thank you!!

While it's true what everyone has said about hwo your Public Mobile account can be in anyone's name, the correct/matching name compared to the customer's name for the landline account does need to be provided on the number porting request form.

@CynthiaPublic  Your welcome and tell your mom welcome to public mobile 🙂

CynthiaPublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you Handy1, for your helpful post (yes I checked just now and my mom's number can be ported using that link you sent).

Thank you, supporting an elderly person is challenging and you just helped a stranger - have a wonderful day and all the best karma to you! -thank you!

Selling “land mines” now, @Handy1 ? 😂 

Those work well for catching “rabbits”?  

Figured the chainsaw incident was enough fun for awhile!!!

🤣🤣🤣

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CynthiaPublic and reminder, porting from landline could take as many as a week to complete 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CynthiaPublic 

name does not matter.  Remember to provide correct account number from your landline 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CynthiaPublic  No , long as you have the account number for land line your new one with PM can be alias named Rodger rabbit . Just note it can take up to a week for the port to go thro completely … but it can be done in most cases but double check the number for port eligibility 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Need Help? Let's chat.