cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PARTIAL RESOLUTION - FULL FIX IN PROGRESS] Dropped Calls

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 3:00PM ET 19/06/2024]: A solution for this issue was successfully implemented earlier this morning that should have resolved this issue for most customers. We understand some customers are still experiencing issues, and the team is working diligently to diagnose and resolve.

Hello Community,

We are aware that some of our subscribers are experiencing intermittent wireless service. We want you to know that our team is actively investigating this issue and is working around the clock to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We understand the importance of staying connected and we will make every effort to keep you, the Community, informed of our progress. We thank you for your patience and we appreciate your understanding during this time. Please continue to check this Community post for the latest updates.

- The Public Mobile Team

183 REPLIES 183

Rajatgdp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah that has been there. I feel as there are some areas where there are no network coverage so when moving in and out despite signal the no calls conditions do apply. It happened with me in jasper place and also on 45th avenue in Edmonton. 

@@ while complain is a valid path for compensation, it is more important to get the service fully functioning 

@Ck_PM , any good news?? some not just have dropped calls but also no calls at all

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TopShape @Nick271 

The service issue credit was discretionary. You are at the the mercy of the agent or tech support.

Given that this is an acknowledged network issue, you should file a CCTS complaint and let them deal with PM on your behalf. Once there have been a few decisions, there will be precedents set as to whether customers can get compensation for future service issues. Good luck.

MandyR79

My service just cut out about a half an hour ago out of nowhere. No texts, no calls.

It came back, but now I am terrified.

I had implemented the workaround to set the network to only Public for the dropped calls (and my data is 4GB of 4G speed, all I need because I work from home), but I set it back to automatic and even restarted my phone. It was still down for a bit after that. I am travelling soon, and I work in IT, some of my programs and databases send me texts to log in, so it has to work. This has never happened to me on any other provider.

Yesterday I got a text that mentioned something about unresolved complaints to contact CCTS. Someone on Reddit says they get that text every month, but I didn't know it was a thing. Maybe it had nothing to do with this, but I figured I would mention it.

Nick271

Where is my $10 credit voucher.

Nick271

I need my $10 credit!!

rs97ap

I couldn't take this uncertainty and ported out.
Dropped calls among friends and family are a minor annoyance but occasionally it is ok.
But just imagine if you have to make frequent calls where you put on hold and it drops when it is about your turn.

TopShape

Thanks for the update funpig1.  I’ve been explaining my situation to 4 different customer service agents who just give me the runaround and want me to start logging calls (date, time, number that I had called or who called me, etc, etc, etc….) so that they can “determine what is causing the dropped call problem “.  They think that we have time in our day to track every call we make or receive, when they already have this information digitally logged!!  It’s their way of frustrating us so that we give up and live with their problematic network without giving us all a credit.  One agent also told me that I should switch cellular providers if I’m not happy!!! Do you believe this?!?!?  They would not last if they were my employee and answered a client that way!  I’ve been in telecom for 30 years and never responded to a client that way.

I was also sent a text saying that I should open a case with CCTS if my problem has not been resolved!  What a joke!

Good that you got some form or credit…. PM should show some Goodwill and automatically give it to everyone else since it is their network issue afterall!

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jhhead wrote:

I had this today when I made a call it appeared to ring for a second then I heard a noise and checked the phone and it showed:

Server unreachable. Call terminated due to a problem with the network.

Would this also be one of the symptoms or part of the issue? 🤔

(I did call back after and the call went thru properly)

1000010411.png

Please fix your network issue PM. Your customers are reliant on having stable service.

IMG_39831.png

Asifk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile set this text message out this morning:

Public Mobile here. Unresolved complaint about telecom or residential TV service? CCTS may be able to help. 1-888-221-1687 or https://www.ccts-cprst.ca To learn more about your rights as a wireless consumer and to view the consumer checklist, visit https://www.publicmobile.ca/privacy-legal Free msg.

Please take a moment to fill in the form and officially complain...  This is getting ridicules !!!!!

tech24

Well after dealing with dropped calls at worst possible times last night it even killed my WhatsApp only second time I’ve seen it both on public mobile.  Switched to a different provider as this is totally ridiculous.

Zanerz

I really hope this was resold for you all.

I know how frustrating this all an be... especially in todays digital world.

Best Wishes 
❤️

jhhead
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had this today when I made a call it appeared to ring for a second then I heard a noise and checked the phone and it showed:

Server unreachable. Call terminated due to a problem with the network.

Would this also be one of the symptoms or part of the issue? 🤔

(I did call back after and the call went thru properly)

1000010411.png

FrankyJr1

I just had a call dropped, I was on the line with the bank... This needs to be fully resolved!

porcupine

i am also experiencing calling issues every day .hopefully it get resolved soon getting tired of dropped calls

EdN

I had a couple of long calls on Saturday with no issues even though my signal strength from home is poor (-118 dBm)

slusagm

@Ck_PM 

is the problem fully resolved yet

I made 2 calls today, they both long, but no problem.  But I didn't make enough to say it is resolved.

and I don't see anyone talk about it today, is it really resolved?

Rishabh_Saxena

that's true. Hope they become serious and solve this issue.

mixxim10

perhpas public mobile should offer good will credits to customer plans!  this is getting ridiculous as they pretend the issue has been resolved meanwhile everyone is complaining on the boards!

If the problem was as simple as that, it would be easy to allocate a little more resource to Public Mobile.  Remember this problem has been been around for 6 months on and off.  

Totally irrelevant.  Roaming data setting has nothing to do with calling.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think it may just be a glitch. I can't think of any other explanation for calls getting cut off at exact intervals of time. The service is more reliable on Telus but it's just because they haven't fixed this glitch on PM.

hi @congtubot then just ignore.  He is with Telus, don't want to help with other PM issue and  and just try to sell Telus to you 

congtubot

It's not a Public Mobile CS agent but a member from the Telus technical team who worked on my ticket that was escalated by the CS agent. I believe that technical team deals with problems for Telus and all subsidiaries so they might have a broader perspective. I don't have any name and his phone contact is just the general Telus number 1-866-558-2273.

acinyyc

I’ve noticed I haven’t had any dropped calls since I enabled roaming, give it a try but ymmv

kork

I received a call on Saturday from a PM Tech after having a support ticket open for nearly a week. 

I very much appreciate the honesty from the agent. He was professional even if the info was not ideal. I'm frustrated that I was under the illusion that Telus is Koodo is PM.  I was with Koodo for 10 years an no issues with call quality or drops. But switching to PM has been drop call after drop call. I only switched for the Canada/USA plan for the few weeks of the year we travel with the family and rely on Apple Maps for Carplay and 2FA notifications while travelling.

The tech has a ton of details on my calls and indicated that where I make 80% of my calls (home) I'm connecting to a Bell tower. But Bell has a narrow range of frequencies for PM to leverage and their own traffic is prioritized. At least, that's how I understood it. Wifi Calling would help solve that, but no prepaid providers offer that, I was told.

That doesn't explain dropped calls elsewhere and I had indicated a friend of mine that I referred made the switch and he's having dropped calls like crazy. 

I'd MUCH RATHER have truthful data so I can make my own decisions. It hurts to walk away from PM. I've already had three referral signups and my points are now useless. But Telus != Koodo != PM for quality and reliability.

I was also in downtown Ottawa this weekend.  My friend on Bell had a strong, stable connection. Mine did not. I had no connection. 

@congtubot and @kork 

what was that agent??

It is ok to hear that from the Community , but I think that is unprofessional to be said from an agent.

congtubot

So tech support told you to move to a tier-one provider to get reliable service? That's what they told me as well. Maybe this is the new strategy for dealing with complaints about poor service? It's a bit strange to hear Public Mobile acknowledging that their service is unreliable outright.

Rajatgdp

I really think that the call service has been approved from the past few days. As here in edmonton where the network use to completely vanish away esp. in 118 ave and 37 ave. I know this because both are my workplaces and in spend most of my days there. But even i am getting one bar as that is the improvement the network has fewer call drops than normal. 

i would update more areas in coming days. 

kork

It was described that as a third tier service, priority is given to upper tier brands. Additionally, Bell and Telus share their networks but for PM, Bell only shaves off a small portion of their frequency for PM customers. Basically, third tier provider = third tier service, right from the mouth of PM tech. Same network, yes. Same quality of service, not even close.

Need Help? Let's chat.