cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N0E 1A0 Data Network Connection

NicoW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this. It is the first time that I have ever been dissatisfied with Public Mobile and or Telus.

My data used to work perfect when I was visiting my father in rural area. Rain or shine. Snow or fog. I have been here since December 17th, and my data internet connection work slower than dial up now, and video will not connect. I have been bombarded with offers, yet have not changed my service because I enjoy my current plan. Why has it now Changed‽

*FRUSTRATED*

18 REPLIES 18

@NicoW wrote:

The data is still really slow, but the 4G is back up on my menu 👀👍🏼 I guess its also the tower connection✔️❣️

@NicoW   yes, 3G speed would not be too much

and you probably have set to 3G ONLY earlier, remember to change the preferred network back to 4G or LTE if you want to try the higher speed

NicoW

Sheytoon. Thank you for the data/tower info, because that Is what seems to be the problem. ✔️❣️ Why so they keepmessing with the signals anyway? 😃

NicoW

The data is still really slow, but the 4G is back up on my menu 👀👍🏼 I guess its also the tower connection✔️❣️

NicoW

Thank you kindly softtech, i believe i Was 4g Lite, yet have been switched to 3g 👀😯

Anyhow, its connecting better today👍🏼😉

thanks @sheytoon  for confirming

I use cellmapper mostly to check which bands my phone is connected to. I don't use the mapping functions much.

I do have access to Bell and Telus cell site data, which is a more reliable source of info.

Just checked and that site was swapped to Ericsson in mid November.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@NicoW 

I don't think the 3g plans are very good anymore. I was averaging much lower than the maximum (3mbps) when I was still on a 3g plan a few months back. it was closer to 1-2mbps I have since upgraded to the new 4g plans and have had a much better experience. 

@sheytoon   do you use https://www.cellmapper.net/ ? 

I see on that site, there is no tower info at all for the one at Burford Community centre, but https://www.ertyu.org/ has it showing, do you think it means anything?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@NicoW there's a single Bell tower in Burford, located at the community centre. It's possible Bell has swapped it from Huawei to Ericsson and the coverage has gotten worse. How far are you from this site?

@NicoW wrote:

It was happening upon arrival a week before the storm and current plan Is 3G. Rebooted and all. Thanks.

@NicoW   just a reminder, your plan might be a 3G speed plan, but it can and will still use the 4G/LTE network for data, just at a capped speed at 3Mbps.

So, just change around the  Preferred network type  settings, you can select 4G (LTE) or 3G (WCDMA) and see if it connects and work well

Let us know how it goes

NicoW

It was happening upon arrival a week before the storm and current plan Is 3G. Rebooted and all. Thanks.

NicoW

Nothing new, no. 

NicoW

I have plenty, thank you✌🏼

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log in to your account and make sure you still have some data for your use. Maybe you're outta data and using slow wifi...

refresh.jpg

Make sure you take advantage of recent More Is Merrier 2GB of free data...get it before end of December.

RCO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Other things 

Was there e New Metal Roof Installed 

Also other Wireless signals 

Phones, Wifi , TVs , Laptops

if they have changed these could 

create issues

Have any of those changed ?

RCO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

May I suggest that you give at least approx

Geographic Location

This may Help others in the Similar area

I live on an Island on the West Coast 

Just did a Google search 

Thing appear Fine here

Cheer

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NicoW   it could be weather.  With the big storm last week, there was big issues with connections in different area

Which exact area is that?

Also, try to change the network to 3G and see how it goes

Need Help? Let's chat.