cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My simcard is invalid

jprouss2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I try to reactivate my sim card used last year, it mark invalid when I enter it in the portal.  I was using it last year but my account has been linked to a phone number that wasn't mine and nobody at support even been able to fix that, that old account and my email are also still associated incorrectly. Can I reset a simcard to be reuse again

6 REPLIES 6

hi @jprouss2 

have you been paying that account?  account unpaid for 90 days will be closed

we are just customers, we cannot check if your account is active or not.  But you can check it.  Call 1-855-4PUBLIC from another phone and check if your phone number is still active

if it is active, you need to check with PM support agent to help you to login.  Please message PM support agent:      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

jprouss2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would be more than happy to reactivate my old account, the problem is the 2 factor authentification is configured to a phone number that I don't own so impossible to properly log in. I spend 4 weeks with support last year trying to get that resolved but never got my ticket to appropriate level of support. Now my Sim is locked and my own email is also linked to that inaccessible account.   Any idea how I can resolve?

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately you cannot reuse a sim card, once activated, it cannot be re-activated regardless if the account was cancelled, ported, etc. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jprouss2 

so, is the old account already closed?

are you planning to use that old account to subscribe new?  You cannot use this old sim card then.  You have to get a new Public Mobile sim card from Telus or Koodo stores or via Amazon

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if it is an old sim card used before, you cannot reuse it for new account

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jprouss2 is the old SIM card with Public Mobile and was it previously used? If it was previously used and was then replaced with another SIM card then the old one is no good any more

Need Help? Let's chat.