cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number randomly changed

ZaZee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, I ported in a number from Freedom Mobile a few weeks back and everything was completely fine.  But now my phone number randomly changed to a random number and I can no longer get messages or 2-factor-authentication due to this.  Can someone please help?  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

ZaZee

Support was great and already fixed the issue for me.  It seems that I did not respond properly (I could have sworn I did, but obviously not :)) to the porting request SMS from Freedom so it just reverted back.  Edith from support resent the porting request and now it's all good.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and feedback!  😄

ZaZee

Thanks for the suggestion but yes it for sure ported over the night I activated the SIM and was sending and receiving messages fine for weeks.  It was only when a few people started messaging me back with "who is this?" that I started realizing something was wrong.  😄

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ZaZee  is it possible you had an incomplete port? And thus your number changed once the time to complete the port passed?

Maybe check with your old provider to see if the account is still active?

The other question which would make all the above void, were you receiving calls and SMS on your pm line before the new number appeared?  Failed ports typically look like outgoing calls work fine incoming go to voicemail of old provider

ZaZee

Thanks, I did see that thread but it seems a CSR just found an issue and fixed it with no solution so I think someone has to do something on the account side.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ZaZee wrote:

Hey there, I ported in a number from Freedom Mobile a few weeks back and everything was completely fine.  But now my phone number randomly changed to a random number and I can no longer get messages or 2-factor-authentication due to this.  Can someone please help?  Thanks.

Maybe CS can help., according to this post:

Solved: Phone number changed by itself? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Open a ticket via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZaZee 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, and see your phone number there !

can you do Reboot your phone.

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

or you can Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

ZaZee

It only changed once, but to a singe new phone number I've never seen before. And it does show this number under My Account page.  Was just so strange. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@ZaZee 

Log into self service and choose the Plan and Add-Ons tab. Is that your original number?

If not, contact a CSA.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Hours of operation:

You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a reply from the CSA.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Never heard of such thing...

Are you saying that your ported number is changing randomly? Meaning when you look at your phone settings every time it is different number???

Are you positive nobody has access to your PM account and changing your number as a prank?

Need Help? Let's chat.