cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is receiving calls from two numbers (very similar with only 1 number different). How do I c

Ehop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is receiving calls from two numbers (very similar with only 1 number different). How do I correct?

14 REPLIES 14

@Ehop wrote:

My phone is receiving calls from two numbers (very similar with only 1 number different). How do I correct?

This is a very common thing that unsolicited callers do. They use fake phone numbers that are almost the same as yours (they aren't really calling from that number), likely in the thinking that you'll answer because it's from the same city or that you know other people with similar numbers.  Whenever I receive calls that start with the same numbers as mine, I always ignore them (as I don't know anyone who has a similar phone number to mine).

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Ehop 

you can log in to your account and Change Phone Number...

change.png

I don't suggest that the customer change phone numbers unless the person actually wants a new number. Unsolicited calls go to wide range of numbers.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Ehop wrote:

So a few days ago I started receiving calls from strangers asking for someone other than my name (eg Jason). It went on for days. Eventually I get a call from Jason from another phone telling me he’s lost his phone. Turns out if you call his cell number and my cell number, my phone will ring for both numbers (which only differ by a single digit)

Kind of impossible. If somebody calls 416-123-4567 and 416-123-4566 these are two different phone and NO way they will ring at the same phone.

If calls are bother you, just block those numbers (if they are always the same).

Ignore these calls, @Ehop 

It's possible the other person set up call forward and perhaps mis-entered the forwarded number by one digit and that could be why calls to their phone is ringing through on yours.

It sounds as though you're dealing with people who don't know exactly what they're doing - either that or they're up to no good.

Just ignore - they'll eventually stop or figure out the err of their ways or go onto someone else.

Hi @Ehop not something you can do.   You can ask Jason to call his carrier and check 

if you want to be nice, you can submit a ticket with PM and see if the number belongs to PM or Koodo or Telus, maybe they can help

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could get a spam call-blocking app such as YouMail or similar and have those kinds of calls blocked, that's what I did.

Ehop

So a few days ago I started receiving calls from strangers asking for someone other than my name (eg Jason). It went on for days. Eventually I get a call from Jason from another phone telling me he’s lost his phone. Turns out if you call his cell number and my cell number, my phone will ring for both numbers (which only differ by a single digit)

Ehop

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

So if I understand you correctly, you're receiving UNWANTED calls from these numbers?

If so, ignore them and BLOCK them.

Honestly, your question is less than clear.    Clarify please if we're no where close...

@Ehop 

you could Block callers that you feel are bogus.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

How do you correct. WHAT?

Kind of confusing question.

Do they bother you? Spam calls?

Ehop

I want to keep my number which I’ve had for years. 
A few days ago I started receiving calls from another number that differs by only 1 number, while still receiving calls from my own number. Meanwhile, texting remains normal with no unusual texts.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ehop  you meant someone , not system , calling for another number so close to your number, just one number different?  Honest, you don't have to do anything.  As long as you recieve calls on your number, it is good.  The one with other number will be the one to call their carriers to fix it

or you meant you got calls from another phone number, the number just like yours?  If it is this one,this is call Caller ID spoofing

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ehop 

you can log in to your account and Change Phone Number...

change.png

Need Help? Let's chat.