cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice for US roaming and other related issues

cjan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I purchased the US Roaming bundle ($33.90) before leaving for the US. It expired on Saturday (March 11), while still in the US. On Sunday (March 12), I tried to purchase the same US roaming bundle, but for some reason it wasn't working. Not sure if it matters, but it said I had -1/15 days left on the plan, in stead of 0/15?? I was given a pdf receipt of my purchase, but the purchase didn't show up in my account. I tried it a few more times, each time getting a receipt but the purchase didn't show up in my account or on my Mastercard bill. I tried this process again on Monday (March 13), and finally gave up and just just tried to purchase the data roaming ($25) and talk/text ($15) add-on separately, and it finally worked (although it costed me $40 instead of $30). Another weird thing I noticed, is that these separate bundles don't seem to be showing up as Add-on options anymore in my account. So here is where I need help - the billing side of things:

1. After all of this it looks like my mastercard was billed $33.90 on March 12, and $33.90 on March 13. I'm assuming I was double-billed for the US roaming bundle I was initially trying to add. So I'd like to be refunded for the double payment.
  2. In order to try and figure this all out and pay for the add-on, I added $60 of funds to my account, using my mastercard. It is showing that I have $20 left after paying $40 from my added funds to pay for the separate talt/ text and data roaming add-ons. This part is confusing for me, because I don't think my mastercard was billed this $60. So I need confirmation about what is going on with this, and how to remove the $20 I still have in my account.
  3. I'm also wondering if I could get some clarity about what happened and how to prevent this if I need to add US roaming in the future. As I was trying to get this all figured out initially I tried to submit a ticket, but it was giving me a 404 error and I just couldn't even submit a ticket which was very frustrating.

Thanks so much!

6 REPLIES 6

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you show the amount in your balance then just leave it there for your next add-on or renewal.

Re-buying the same add-on needs to wait. You can always ask support to re-buy it for you at any time. You could also buy the different bundle when the first one goes to 0/15. But not the same one if you see it available for purchase.

cjan

I was able to buy the add on, but my mastercard was charged twice, so I'll open a ticket as recommended. I am also still confused because the amount of money that I've loaded into the account, and the amount taken from my mastercard don't seem to line up. Also - what does it mean to check My Account's payment history using incognito mode (I don't know what incognito mode is, or why I would need to use it).

Also, if I understand correctly, I need to wait 24 hours AFTER my roaming plan expires, until I order it again. What is the best way to get continuous US roaming for more than 15 days (without having a 24 hour period without service)? Thanks.

Thanks.

@cjan wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. Both charges are showing up on my mastercard bill, BUT both are still "pending". Are you recommending that I wait until they aren't pending anymore to confirm if I will actually get charged twice?

@cjan   were you able to re-buy the addon now?

and check My Account's payment history (using Incognito mode) and see what PM shows there

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Re-buying the same add-on is ridiculously tricky. For now, login to your account using incognito or private mode and see what you have for a balance. And see what you have for add-ons.

Roaming add-ons showing 1/15 are still valid and should still work. Showing 0/15 says they've expired and should not work.

If the add-on says 1/15 (or more) then the add-on should not show as purchasable. But I'm not 100% certain of this suggesting this is a glitch. Because buying the add-on at that time does not work as you found.

Your new other add-ons also should not show as purchasable as you found.

If you're not strapped for cash, just leave the money in your balance and your next renewal will use it first before autopay.

In future, you could do your method of buying the different add-on - when it says 0/15! - or you would need to either wait it all out or ask support to re-buy it for you at any time you like.

cjan

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. Both charges are showing up on my mastercard bill, BUT both are still "pending". Are you recommending that I wait until they aren't pending anymore to confirm if I will actually get charged twice?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cjan   for US roaming add-on, after the first set expired, you are supposed to wait 24 hours (some said 12 hours) before you can re-buy the exact same one again.  If you didn't wait, PM usually would have taken the money, loaded in the account but didn't make the purchase.  However, usually the money is sitting in the account and when you buy again later (after the 24 hours), PM should not charge you again

In your case, your sure both March 12 and 13 charges are real charge and one of the two  not pending charge? Check with them first

If they are real charge, also check your My Account's payment history and see if it shows PM charged you on the both days

If you need PM support to help refund or investigate, please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.