cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number is being reused

flaiman01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I discovered my number is being used by an Amazon user. How could this be possible? In Amazon they told me it could be because my number is being reused

11 REPLIES 11

@flaiman01   Well that shouldn't happen but I think you need to discuss this with Amazon as to why they're allowing another account (not connected to you) to use your phone number if you're already registered that number long before this new account was registered with Amazon. 

flaiman01

I have had my number with them for years. Yesterday I received an SMS from Amazon for a delivery unrelated to my account, it was all good on my orders so I called Amazon and they confirmed my number was being used by another account.

flaiman01

That's correct. I received a call and SMS confirming a delivery from Amazon unrelated to my account.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@flaiman01 wrote:

I discovered my number is being used by an Amazon user.

How do you know your number is used by Amazon? Did you get any calls from Amazon or verification SMS?

Maybe somebody made typo in its Amazon account?

Not necessarily, I think there is an email option as well

@flaiman01 wrote:

I doubt someone had this number. Typo was my guess, but also don't you get a SMS verification from Amazon?

@flaiman01 - If someone just set up an account, but used email for verification perhaps, but entered your number in error? Not sure. Could be just an honest mistake.

But like any place...if you know they are wrong, keep on them to get it right. 

Hi @flaiman01 it could be a typo mostly.

How you found out? You tried to register with your number and it was rejected?  Ask Amazon and see if they willing to tell you when this number was used on Amazon.   If less than 8 years, must be a typo from the other person

flaiman01

I doubt someone had this number. Typo was my guess, but also don't you get a SMS verification from Amazon?

flaiman01

Thanks. I have had this same number for over 8 years.

@flaiman01 wrote:

I discovered my number is being used by an Amazon user. How could this be possible? In Amazon they told me it could be because my number is being reused

Are you a new Public Mobile cusomer and just got this phone number?  If incoming calls are working, contacting Amazon again and insist that they remove the phone number from their system.  If incoming phone calls aren't working, it's possible that Public Mobile has mistakenly assigned you a phone number that is already in use.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@flaiman01  - someone may have had your number at one point previously.

OR, someone typoed their number as yours.

Go back to Amazon and insist your number is yours, so they get your number correct in their system.

Need Help? Let's chat.