cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't figure out what email my account is under

larsa000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edited: The CSA fixed it and I can login again

My credit card info has changed and I can't access my account, as I'm not sure what email it is associated with.  How can I login if I don't know the email address?

18 REPLIES 18

I see your update. So what did they do, if they said?

@larsa000 wrote:

I did receive a welcome email, but it was back in 2020, and I haven't logged in again since and haven't gotten any further emails since then either.

@larsa000  - have you been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days? If so, your account, access to self serve and phone number is gone.

And, perhaps, that means your old number has been assigned to someone else already? That would explain why you cannot register the phone number.

Otherwise, I have no idea. So, yes, get answers from CSA.

If that has been the same account all this time then that is your login email address. Odd. Hope the support people sort it out.

@larsa000   Just send a private message to CS_Agent and they will be able to get your email address sorted.

larsa000

I did receive a welcome email, but it was back in 2020, and I haven't logged in again since and haven't gotten any further emails since then either.

@larsa000 wrote:

I've put in every possible email I can think of.  I have emails from public mobile to one of my emails, but when I attempt the forgot password link to that email it says that it is not registered

@larsa000 - humm? I suppose it is possible it was set up with a typo or something. Did you ever receive a welcome email from Public Mobile when you activated? 

I don't think these emails have been consistent in the past, so you may or may not have received one.

Were you trying to chat through the online assistance form earlier, it kind of sounded like it.

If you cannot find the ticket location in @dabr 1st post, see @JK8 's post they posted the 2 methods to contact CSA.

@larsa000   Use the second link in @JK8's first response to you.  That will let you send a private message to CS_Agent instead of the chatbot.

Edit:  @JK8   Perhaps highlight (edit: bold) those links in your post as they can be missed by new customers especially.. ? 😊

larsa000

I've put in every possible email I can think of.  I have emails from public mobile to one of my emails, but when I attempt the forgot password link to that email it says that it is not registered

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@JL9   Are you able to see the chatbot bubble on your screen/browser?  I haven't been to view the chatbot for a few days now.

Edit: just re-read your post, so it's visible on your phone?

Chatbot is no longer visible on my android phone using chrome.

@larsa000 wrote:

I tried to register an account and it said that the phone number was already associated with an account

@larsa000 - then as @dabr posted enter possible emails, then use the Forgot your password option found here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

to see which email you receive the reset details to. Remember to check your spam/junk folder.

If you think this could be an email that is no longer available to you, then you can only get help by contacting a CSA at that point.

@larsa000 wrote:

I tried to register an account and it said that the phone number was already associated with an account

You must already have an account set up. Contact a CSA.

larsa000

I can't see the chatbot.  I submitted a ticket and got a message back, but they said that they can't use the chat, so now I'm waiting to hear back from them.

larsa000

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@larsa000 wrote:

My credit card info has changed and I can't access my account, as I'm not sure what email it is associated with.  How can I login if I don't know the email address?

@larsa000  - it is possible you have not created a self serve account, if you activated in-store. Could this be your case? If so, you can register for an account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Once you get in your self serve by either registering above, or obtain the email from other member's suggestions.

You can navigate to the PAYMENT tab, and update your card at the bottom, left corner shown below:

esjliv_0-1617792002121.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JL9   Are you able to see the chatbot bubble on your screen/browser?  I haven't been to view the chatbot for a few days now.

Edit: just re-read your post, so it's visible on your phone?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@larsa000 

Go through all your email accounts and search for the welcome message from PM. If still problems contact a CSA.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@larsa000   If you have other email accounts, then try them all.  If still unable to login then you need to submit a ticket to customer support and ask for assistance to recover your email/username.   You can try the chatbot in the following:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you can't locate it by searching through any emails you have used. Your best option would be reaching out to a Customer Service agent, either through direct message or using the message bubble in the bottom right if you are on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.