cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My friend wants to join Public but just pay month to month,

andy889
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How would that work for them and are there any issues with that? Who else is on the month-to-month billing agreement rather than having a pre-authorized payment method set up? 

Thanks for all the help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@andy889  There is no true way to do this , you need to have registered card even to use voucher every 30 days not monthly . I’ve heard some are able to use a zero $ gift card but it’s still a card on file to use voucher still 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

So here's how it works @andy889 

Public Mobile is pretty much month to month. There are no contracts. Once he signs up with Public Mobile he can then go into their account and turn off the auto pay as it's turned on by default. Then, if he wants to pay for the next month, he can just leave it on. Then say he doesn't want it for up to 89 days, he can just turn the auto pay off and it won't charge after the 30 day cycle is done. The account can keep their number up to 89 days and after that it's gone and they'd have to start all over again. They can also pay with a voucher which can be purchased and places like Shoppers Drug Mart after they turn off auto pay. Hope that helps.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You can register your card but you do not have to toggle 'subscribed' which is new name for autopay.

But then few days before renewal date you have to manually add funds to your account and PM will use them for renewal.
But nothing wrong having 'subscribed' on jus tin case if you forget to add funds. Just add money few days before renewal.

OR you can use voucher and add fud before renewal that way... Anyway you Have to pay every 30 days to have service either manually or autopay 🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @andy889 

technically PM is month to month, too, just that it will use the card for autopay

if he does not like that, he can simply disable Autopay (by turning off Subscribed on My Account -> Payment -> Manage Subscription).  In this case, if he wants to renew, he can enable Autopay back before renewal

or another way is to ask support to remove the credit card after activated.  But in such case, he will need to use voucher to pay or add the credit card back if he wants to renew

Need Help? Let's chat.