cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account deactivated though I paid!

cellphonesaver
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi community,

I'm fighting with PM over $6 dollars and loosing my number!

Basically I have paid amount due before 90 days deactivation but it is not the correct amount and they took my number! Today is the last day and I can't even login.

The number is not available!

I'm so frustrated!

The agent is useless! 

Just take my money and continue service what's the problem???

Anything can be done?

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Yes I realize this but two consecutive nights of unscheduled maintenance and a month of not getting replies from customer support due to the ongoing issues with my private messages preceded my missing the 90th day. So it's not like I didn't try to double check the date before the 90th day. So knowing that deactivation doesn't mean it's a fait complet means I could have argued the point or sweet talked the point to a better conclusion.😉

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

I wish I had known this before when I accidently lost my referrals account.

Oh @darlicious ...you were just late. 🙂 This OP had been trying to pay before it would expire.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cellphonesaver 

Wow! Nicely done. And it dispels the myth that nothing can be done after the first couple of hours. I wish I had known this before when I accidently lost my referrals account. I am very pleased for you!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cellphonesaver : That's a great update. There's the Amount due display at the top and then there's the Amount due option in payments. The latter does seem to be buggy.

It's common practice though that an account is dead after those 90 days. You had a very nice exception. But it would seem you successfully argued your case that you had been trying to pay before it would expire. Nice outcome.

cellphonesaver

Thanks for all your messages guys, was busy with PM interactions.

I was able to get my number back, self serve back and voicemail back . There's open ticket for getting rewards back, fingers crossed.

The moral of the story: never assume that what you see on the screen is what you get:) If I have paid $6 more I would save myself lots of time. But also it's a system glitch where amount due is not correct.

Basically responsibility is 50/50 between me and PM but my suggestion is to email customer before taking their number and do not remove access from self serve.

@cellphonesaver wrote:

I said last time you paid in October.

@cellphonesaver  -  What was the payment of your last renewal?

October 5, 2021 - February 2, 2022 = 120 days (30 days ACTIVE + 90 days Suspended).

If you last renewed on October 5, 2021, and 30 days after that it went suspended, then today, February 2, 2022 would be your 90th day.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cellphonesaver  - what happens when you try to log into your Self Serve account?

Being your last day did they cut you off from My Account/Self Serve today (on the 90th day?)

Any chance you have screenshots showing when you need to make a payment by?

Are emails sent out as well telling you about dates and times payments need to be made in order to keep your phone number and account?

Since you already submitted a ticket try and keep that conversation going it, for some reason you had until the end of today, and they can resume it for your with payment. 

This is a tricky one. 3 years in, eek.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

I see...here you go....

Screenshot_20220128-215319~2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I kinda don't think it matters. I'm basically looking for the date info.

Edit: Got it...if this works.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/54751i77C5D29AB83B71D8/imag...

Well it's not ideal. But @cellphonesaver : You see the keyword there? Top up _before_ whatever the date is. So by 11:59pm ET before that date. Doesn't help you at all now but there it is. It's similar to the active account line that say Pay _before_ a date which is the start of the new term.

So yes...where did the number originate?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cellphonesaver 

You may have had a chance to save your account within the first couple of hours after cancellation on day 90. After that time there is nothing customer support will do for you ( I learned this the hard way.) If your phone number was originally a pm/koodo/telus number then they can retrieve the number for you from the hold number pool as I have been offered this option by customer support when I accidently lost my referrals account and phone number.

@Anonymous 

I am looking for a screenshot of a suspended account not suspended via lost/stolen. I'm not so sure I have one?🤔

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cellphonesaver wrote:

Hi community,

I'm fighting with PM over $6 dollars and loosing my number!

Basically I have paid amount due before 90 days deactivation but it is not the correct amount and they took my number! Today is the last day and I can't even login.

The number is not available!

I'm so frustrated!

The agent is useless! 

Just take my money and continue service what's the problem???

Anything can be done?

@cellphonesaver  Did you pay the correct amount BEFORE the 90-day deactivation period?  If you have, then like many has suggested, obtain a bank statement showing all of the payments for the account and send a private message to CS_Agent and ask the issue to be escalated to see if the account can be re-activated.  But if you still have not paid all of the amounts that was outstanding by the 90-day deactivation period, then the account is permanently closed and the cellphone no. associated with that account is taken and is no longer available.  You would have to start all over with a new account.  I am not sure if CS_Agent will be able to get your account back after it's closed by the system and the phone no.  taken.  It looks like it's an automatic process.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cellphonesaver : A tad terse at the end there. Yeah any of the dates on the account are basically the next day. So one would technically need to do something before that day. And in eastern time. So before 9pm pacific. So if it says January 31st then do something by 9pm pacific January 30th. It's the same with the renewal date. That's the _start_ of the new term. Y'gotta pay before.

@darlicious : Would you be so kind as to post a pic of the upper light blue area for an account in suspension?

cellphonesaver

Seems that they don't care about their buggy system! Their answer is:

I said last time you paid in October. The account gets deactivated if there is no renewal for 90 days.

You had $6 reward from refer a friend and $3 for tenure. Last time the rewards were applied on November so 3 days ago you had a balance of $9 on your account. 

Since the account got deactivated the card was also removed from your account.

Please read the terms & condition.

Regards, 

Constance

PM CS_Agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens when you dial 611? If it says you're suspended then good. If it seems to say it's dead or something then not good.

If suspended then buy a voucher from recharge.com and redeem it through 611.

But if you've gone over the 90 days then that's about it. It's all gone.

Edit: It's also a problem at the far end of service where the Amount due seems to be buggy. You would have needed to have used the Other option. I suspect it's all too late for you though.

Need Help? Let's chat.