cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Public Points - Do we lose referral discounts and any other discounts and leaving?

JONMILLS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My current discounts have been:

Rewards
Loyalty- $3.00
Subscription- $2.00
Refer-a-Friend- $3.00

When they make the shift will that ALL be gone?

I had a feeling telus (who owns public) would do this eventually. Cheeky. Their idea is to just get people paying what they would have done with telus

Will lots of people be leaving?
14 REPLIES 14

@JONMILLS  Once you've redeemed the 15 points then you have to accumulate another 15 points before you can get another $15 off.  I let it accumulate for longer so currently I don't have to wait because I have enough points banked to use for a while.  Public Mobile does send emails occasionally to remind me how many points I have accumulated.  

@JONMILLS wrote:

Okay but once redeemed. Say 15 point becomes $15. Is that $15 each month or only in that month and you have to start again?

You see i have referred 3 people. As long as they stay members with PM will i get 3 points each month?

Once you've amassed and redeemed 15 points for..say..next plan renewal....now you must accumulate another 15 points again. You must log in to your account to keep track of points as it's not done automatically as in the past with Rewards.

You will get 3 points per 30 days as long as they maintain an active PM account.

JONMILLS

Okay but once redeemed. Say 15 point becomes $15. Is that $15 each month or only in that month and you have to start again?

You see i have referred 3 people. As long as they stay members with PM will i get 3 points each month?

JONMILLS

@Phil_Adelphus okay but is that $15 off that month and then you have to generate 15 points again the next month to apply another $15 off or is it $15 permanently?

And if my current rewards were below.  Next month when this thing kicks in how many points will i see in my account?

Rewards
Loyalty- $3.00
Subscription- $2.00
Refer-a-Friend- $3.00

@JONMILLS   It's $1 per point, so 15 points would be $15 dollars off.  I've mostly let my points accumulate and just took $15 off my bill with 15 points.

@JONMILLS wrote:

So do those points 3 accumulate each month you stay with them. so 5 months i would have 15 points then i can apply it to get $3 off?

Points stay with you as long as you maintain your active PM account.

Clipped from Help Files..

What can I get with Public Points?

You can redeem your points on a variety of things that matter to you, from bill credits, to free add-ons, to entries in exclusive contests. For more details on our catalogue, click here. You can redeem your points at any time - as long as you stay a Public Mobile subscriber they’ll never expire.

JONMILLS

So do those points 3 accumulate each month you stay with them. so 5 months i would have 15 points then i can apply it to get $3 off?

JONMILLS

Im currently on $40 plan 60 gig. I don't even come close to using that. Maybe 3 or 5 gigs a month max so i noticed today they have a promotion $34 plan with 50gig (still 5 g which is important to me ) 

Makes sense with them doing away with all the rewards for me to lower my bill by $6 a month from $40 to $34 which should keep my bill fairly close to what I am paying now ( with the rewards )

Bloody pain.

I used to be on the $25 plan but they are very cheeky and make the $15 and $25 the only ones with 3g not 5g. It was too slow and barely worked 

The cheapest 5g plan is $34. 

If i found another company that could do a plan on 5g for about 20 gigs or higher for $25 I would jump ship otherwise i will probably stay and just drop plan down to $34 plan

@Cybershot wrote:

I remember when I first got with PM there were people saying they had just gotten dropped out of the then rewards program due to some changes. Here we go again. Seems like a game they play. You are correct tho.  Lots of providers out there will gladly take my money.

PM must be attractive as the Community Forum has new customer questions everyday. Rewards were a nice feature...but I think PM is still as good or better value than the rest of the 3rd tier networks currently. That could change, mind you !

Cybershot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I remember when I first got with PM there were people saying they had just gotten dropped out of the then rewards program due to some changes. Here we go again. Seems like a game they play. You are correct tho.  Lots of providers out there will gladly take my money.

@JONMILLS wrote:

It will be in points? 3 points. How does that help me or save me money?

Once you've amassed at least 15 points, you can log in to your account and apply those 15 pooints to your plan cost if you like...OR ...save 'em for future deals/purchases like add-ons etc.

added link...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points  

(except the link to the catalogue doesn't work)

JONMILLS

It will be in points? 3 points. How does that help me or save me money?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JONMILLS wrote:

My current discounts have been:

Rewards
Loyalty- $3.00....once every 12 mos, you get 10 points
Subscription- $2.00...gone. Now you'll get only 5% of plan cost, in points
Refer-a-Friend- $3.00...gone...Now you'll get 1 point per friend that maintains their active account

When they make the shift will that ALL be gone?

I had a feeling telus (who owns public) would do this eventually. Cheeky. Their idea is to just get people paying what they would have done with telus

Will lots of people be leaving?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JONMILLS 

not all lost, you will still have your Refer-a friend for $3 , will be in points, 3 Points

yes,loyalty $3 and Autopay $2 will be gone, but you will get 5% in points for your plan price and then 10 points every anniversary

and yes, you will need to pay full price after the change, then get the points.  Collect 15 points and exchange for $15 bill credit

Need Help? Let's chat.