cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly payment made, but service still turned off!

wkowalski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughter's account is on autopay, and the most recent payment was made ten days ago. Yet this morning she still had a notification saying she cannot make calls. Why would this be happening and how am I supposed to trust this company if they automatically accept payment but still decline service? This is incredibly frustrating and I'd appreciate an explanation.

8 REPLIES 8

@wkowalski....what plan did daughter subscribe to ? If she can't call but text/data are still working...then perhaps she's just run outta minutes. If she has the $15 plan, she only has 100 out-going minutes and that includes checking voice-messages. If that's the case, she's outta calling minutes until next renewal OR she can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes get used if you run out of regular plan minutes and any unused minutes will roll over until they do get consumed...even if that takes several months or more.

Make sure you have at least $5 in Available Funds, then go to Purchase Add-ons and select the $5 / 500 minute Canada wide calling add-on.

If she has a different plan than the $15 plan...well...something else is amiss.

@esjliv...beat me to it !   😎

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wkowalski also...is she on an unlimited plan or limited minutes plan?

If the $15 plan ensure the Plan Minutes line is still showing up on her self serve account overview area.

If you don't see it than the outgoing minutes have been  used up for this cycle. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wkowalski 

If you are receiving a message when making a call, does the call still complete if you ignore it?

If so, than just ignore the message.  There are no overages here, so no chance of being charged  for something you don't already have access  to.

If you add a "1" in front of the number you are dialing does that prevent the message?

Reboot the phone regularly.  And try a reset  of the network settings.  This will help network issues that sometimes happens.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wkowalski  Even if a manual payment reactivates your service, I think you should still open a trouble ticket to register the incident. 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@wkowalski   do you have the service back already?  if not, try to Reseat the SIM (power off the phone, take SIM out for a minute and put it back and power up)

As to your manual top up.  If PM already got the money on July 20, the amount you just topped up now should be sitting as "Available Fund" on My Account, which won't be used till your next renewal (should be Aug 19 in your case)

wkowalski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account is Active and I can see in Payment History that the payment was withdrawn on July 20 for both the data and the plan. This is a major screwup on Public Mobile's part. I topped up the payment via credit card just now but I should not have had to go through this step, and I don't know how we would even know until it was too late that this issue had happened. By 'too late' I mean service gets cut off and we don't realize it until we need it, and it's a major inconvenience when it isn't there. Imagine if my wife was stuck on the side of the road and couldn't even call for help. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Please logon to My Account and confirm the Account Status.  It might be showing  Active or Suspended.

Also, at My Account, you can confirm if PM Autopay did complete the transaction by going to the Payment Tab , then Transaction History , load the last 30 days transaction and try to see if you see 2 lines similar to this in the past 10 days

Transaction Type

x GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G
30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours

If the account is showing Suspended and you don't see the 2 lines in the history, then Autopay failed and that's why there is no service.

You can simply pay manually.  Still on My Account, go to Payment Tab , Make a Payment and you can click on One Time Payment and pay the amount due.  Once it shows successfully pay, you will click Reactivate Current Plan and then reboot the phone.  It should be good from there.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check her account status.  Sometimes autopay fails, you could either purchase a voucher and call 611 to make a payment or make a manual top up payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.