cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bills paid but number not in service

MeriBaba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My father switched to public mobile and shortly after went outside Canada for a few months. His account had autopay on, so there were payments charged from his bank account every month. But after he returned, his phone number is not in service. When he tries to log in to his public mobile account, a text message is sent to an unknown number (last 3 digits are seen).

How to resolve this issue and get the number working again?

12 REPLIES 12

MeriBaba

My privately sent messages do not show up on the messages page.  I only see a notification confirming the message was sent after I send the messages to CS Agent. However, after refreshing the page, I do not see any record of it. Is that expected behaviour?

There has been no reply so far from CS Agent, so I was wondering if my messages were actually sent.

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MeriBabaAppreciate the update! It's bizarre indeed; I hope it gets resolved soon.

Best of luck! 🙂

@MeriBaba  Thanks for the update and yes that’s strange and hopefully you can restore old number best of luck 🤞 

MeriBaba

@computergeek541 @Teo0321 @Chalupa_Batman @Handy1 
Quick update: The number that the text was sent to after login was actually his new number. He received the text after some time. It is strange that Public Mobile silently changed his number. I've sent a private message to CS Agent. I hope his actual number is restored.

Hey @computergeek541 

I've always wondered why customers only see these two options. Do you by chance know why the Send Email option doesn't show up?

@MeriBaba wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I am now trying on his behalf, and I don't see the option to send the code to an email address. I only see:

MeriBaba_0-1701128129116.png

MeriBaba

Thanks for your reply. Last payment was made Nov. 20, 2023.

MeriBaba

Thank you. Sent a message.

MeriBaba

Thanks for your reply. I am now trying on his behalf, and I don't see the option to send the code to an email address. I only see:

MeriBaba_0-1701128129116.png

@MeriBaba wrote:

My father switched to public mobile and shortly after went outside Canada for a few months. His account had autopay on, so there were payments charged from his bank account every month. But after he returned, his phone number is not in service. When he tries to log in to his public mobile account, a text message is sent to an unknown number (last 3 digits are seen).

How to resolve this issue and get the number working again?

To access the account, click on the button that says that the code wasn't received.  There's an option to send the code to an e-mail address.  The number shown there could be of a phone number that your father was previously using.  Unfunately, the phone number for the Eversafe login system needs to be manually updated.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MeriBaba  If it’s been suspended more then 90 days or 120 days since last payment the account is likely closed. When was the last payment made . Otherwise you could get payment vouchers and load and resume services *611 but to contact support here’s a direct link to them 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @MeriBaba 

You will have to reach out to a CS Agent for help. Here's the link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @MeriBaba ,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue your father is facing. To resolve this, it's crucial to contact Public Mobile's customer support directly. Please submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission. Explain the situation, including the account being inactive despite autopay and the difficulty in accessing the account due to the unknown number issue. They should guide you on the steps to reactivate the number and address any account-related concerns.

Also, make sure you aren't part of a SIM-swap scam, read here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Best regards!

Need Help? Let's chat.