cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Data with 50 GB Data at 5G Speed: Texting: Newbie Q's

jj15ca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am new to having my own phone...always been on a corp owned one, but now I have to get my own plan and need to understand how things work before choosing a plan that fits my needs.   Sorry up front for the lamb questions...   In looking at PM's Unlimited Data with 50 GB Data at 5G Speed, with no add ons...are my assumptions below correct:

1) While in Canada I can send & receive texts from anywhere in the world at no extra charge.   

2) While abroad, anywhere in the world, texts sent from Canada would be received at no extra charge.

3) But, what I cannot do for free, is send a text from abroad to anywhere in the world because it requires Roaming... because my Cell number is a Canadian number and being used outside of Canada.

did I finally get it?

7 REPLIES 7

jj15ca

Thanks @DennyCrane , that makes sense now to me, and aligns to that clause/wording by PM.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

2) Incoming texts are free in the US, but outgoing texts while in the US require a roaming add-on or a Canada/US plan. No services at all beyond Canada and the US, so no incoming texts beyond there either.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yep, just as @statusquo said.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @jj15ca    Yes texts can be sent and received from anywhere in the world while you are in Canada but you cannot receive any texts if you are outside of Canada except if visiting the US but you will need to buy one of the roaming packages to reply to those texts received in the US is how I understand it.

jj15ca

Thank you, @TheSterlinger     I thought the answer to 2) was No, but PM's phrase threw me off  "International picture and text messaging includes text messages that are sent from or received in Canada"... sent from Canada I thought applied.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could you send me the plan link so I could take a look?

1) If you want to send texts internationally you will have to either have an add-on or your plan must include international texts.

2) Not sure.

3)  No.

Need Help? Let's chat.