cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice please

karjo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i'm a senior who is thinking of the $15.00 plan but would like your opinion:

Current Plan with PM: -  3G, Canada wide unlimited talk and text and international texting including pictures. I average useage of about 1 Gb data per month and stream very little.

I currently have Data Bonuses of 4 GB. I also have a Loyalty Bonus of 30 GB which will expire in 46 days.

I currently have 869 minutes of International Long Distance Bonuses.

I was paying about $22.00 monthly  before the company changed management/ownership.

I would appreciate your assessment . Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

@karjo 

Which plan are you on right now with Public mobile?

The $15 plan is not available to existing customers anymore.  Only to new customers activating new accounts. account activations.

As mentioned, the $19 plan for 1GB LTE is  a good option.  

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ZylAL  Here's a picture of it. It only appears when you actually go to switch your plan. 

IMG_3775.jpeg

@ZylAL   I didn't know about this unadvertised $19 plan at all.  Do you have a link for this $19/month plan with 1 GB data? 

You can only see it if you log in to your account and look at the plans offered there.  There is also a $29 for 10GB plan that is not advertised.  

ZylAL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@golfball  I didn't know about this unadvertised $19 plan at all.  Do you have a link for this $19/month plan with 1 GB data?  Why is Public Mobile not advertising all of its plans?  So people won't take them because Public Mobile is not making enough money off them?  That's the only explanation that I can think of.  This $19/month plan would be perfect for @karjo.  The 30GB loyal data is completely useless @karjo with its expiration date in little over 1 month and @karjo is only using 1GB data on average each month so it's as if it didn't exist and losing it with the downgrading won't really affect @karjo much. 

Putting an expiration date on that loyalty bonus data basically completely negated that reward.  It's like giving somebody a nicely wrapped gift box with nothing in it.  And to term it as "loyalty bonus data" just really leaves a bad taste in us customer's mouth because did not get rewarded at all for their loyalty.  For the people who use a lot of data per month, they would've already subscribed to a plan that comes with large amount of data so they wouldn't need to use that "loyalty bonus data".  For the clients who don't use a lot of data per month, they wouldn't be able to use up 30 GB in one shot and in so short of time.  So at the end, nobody has used up those data so nobody got rewarded.  If you can't spare to give a reward, then don't give it.  I honestly would've much preferred that we didn't get any bonus data at all instead of being given this pretence of a gift of "bonus data" for appreciation for our loyalty when we didn't get anything at all for our loyalty besides having our reward system downgraded which included not getting rewarded at all for staying with Public Mobile. 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

All of the plans the you and @ZylAL mentioned are for new activations only and are not available to existing customers. The only downgrade option available to you is the unadvertised $19 plan that includes unlimited talk & text and 1GB of data.

Another thing to keep in mind is that downgrading your plan will cause the loyalty bonus data to be removed. You could probably make do with the $19 1GB plan along with your 4GB of bonuses.

ZylAL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @karjo,  

If you need at least 1GB data per month, then the $15/month is not going to be adequate for you as it comes with no data and you would have to spend $15 to buy the 1GB add-on each month and that would make your monthly subscription to be $30. You might as well get the $21/month plan that comes with the 3GB data and perhaps with 3-month subscription which would cost $19/month https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans?network=ALL

You won't be able to use up the 30GB loyalty bonus data before it expires since you only use 1GB per month and it expires in just 46 days.  And the other 4GB bonus data will run out in 4 months so if I were you, I would just sign up with the $21/month plan and just keep the 4GB bonus data as a backup in case if you end up using up more than 1 GB in a month.    Or you can sign up with $15/month plan right now to use up the 30GB loyalty bonus and the 4GB bonus data and then upgrade it to the $21/month plan once the bonus data are all used up.  

Need Help? Let's chat.