cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working in Iphone

elenatobar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I have an Iphone which is in theory compatible with the Public Mobile network (IphoneX 15.5 MQC22J/A). However, mobile data is not working. I've tried everything related with the usual troubleshooting steps, but it still doesn't work. The SIM card should be good, since I've tried it in another device and it works. If anyone has a clue that would be very welcome. Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

elenatobar

Worked! Thank you and to all of those who tried to help out 🙂 Have a wonderful day!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@elenatobar 

Did @benfatto's instructions work for you? If not generally with iPhone you need to connect to wifi or iTunes and check for any software updates and then update your carrier profile.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elenatobar  just for iPhone

1. Go to Settings >> General >> Profiles remove any data or vpn profiles there (if you don't see the profile tab. It means you don't have any profiles installed so you can go to the next step)
  2. Reset network settings: Go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset network settings. The phone will switch off and restart automatically in a few minutes.
  3. Once the phone restarts switch on airplane mode and switch off.
  4. Now try and connect to a Web page via safari

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have you accumulated a bunch of stuff on this phone or is it new to you? Factory reset should be the last thing ever.

Did you connect to wifi and settings general about and see if the carrier profile updates? Did you turn on cellular data? Reset network settings? Check that the browser has permission to use cellular data? As asked earlier can you call in and out? SMS text in and out? Registered the phone to Apple ID?

elenatobar

Voice calls work fine... and yes tried to reset network settings and didn't work

elenatobar

It was an Android phone. Thanks for the answer, might try to factory reset as you say...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

With Apple is little bit complicated.

Did you try adjusting APN setting?

Something to do with carrier profile?

Last resort will be factory reset 😞

When you tried your SIM in another phone, was it iphone or Android phone?

texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My suggestion would be to save the important data on the phone (if any), and then wipe the phone to factory default and setup the phone from scratch.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@elenatobar   voice call working?

do you have the latest Carrier profile downloaded?

did you try Reset network setttings?

Need Help? Let's chat.