cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing my 240 GB of Bonus Data

asyouwerexx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I had 240 GB of bonus data added to my account for 150 days on March 20, 2024 and it is now gone.

Can this be looked into and fixed? I hadn't even used it yet.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

@hairbag1 wrote:

the precedent has been established that PM will return the 150 Day Bonus data that was removed due to you downsizing your regular plan. You should contact customer support by clicking on the orange bubble on bottom right side of page and request/insist the Bonus data be returned as you have a long standing PM account and the Bonus data was given to you in recognition of your on-going loyalty.

I see this likely be because Public Mobile never informed many customers at the account level about any condition that the plan couldn't be downgraded without losing the bonus data add-on.   Some, including myself, only recieved a text message about a data add-on a data add-on being added to my account as a thank you for my loyalty, While there was mention of the 150 day expiry time, there was zero communication about any other conditions for the use of the data, nor was there anything mentioned about plan changes.  While there was information about losing the add-on upon a plan downgrade available on the Public Mobile website, Public Mobile did not ensure that all customers were informed of this.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@asyouwerexx 

the precedent has been established that PM will return the 150 Day Bonus data that was removed due to you downsizing your regular plan. You should contact customer support by clicking on the orange bubble on bottom right side of page and request/insist the Bonus data be returned as you have a long standing PM account and the Bonus data was given to you in recognition of your on-going loyalty.

@Chalupa_Batman Use 240 in six weeks!!!.Wow i'm using mine and I'm only at 20%  trust me i'm trying to kill it!!!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you DOWNGRADED your plan then your bonus is gone. Nobody can 'fix' it and give it back.

Another option is - you used it all. Very fast !

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @asyouwerexx 

You either used up the entire data bucket or you lowered your price plan. That is how it's gone. I have argued that the loyalty data has nothing to do with the price plan itself but your account. The data was given to you for your loyalty. Therefore you can reach out to a CS Agent and make a complaint. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, you are entitled to file a complaint with the CCTS.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@asyouwerexx  switching to a plan of a lower value will cause you to loose it....

Need Help? Let's chat.