Missing Data and Plan Changed without my permission

starrysugar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for the $25 plan a few years ago for the following monthly plan

2g data

1g bonus

250 mb for prepay

I have since earned 2 g holiday giveaway 2020, 5 g one time bonus

I logged in today and found that all the above are missing.

My $25 plan now consists of only 1 g data and I was just offer a one time holiday bonus of 2g.

10 REPLIES 10

@starrysugar    As noted earlier the $25 plan has always only had 1GB data in total, although perhaps you might have been confused as PM used to advertise it as having 500MB plus another 500MB with autopay.  Having autopay enabled no longer gives any extra data but you will still have 1GB regardless but autopay still gives customers (if on older rewards) the $2 discount.

There have been several promos offering 2GB bonus data for new activations, some were for plans $35+ and others included $25+.  There were also some promotions that offered 2GB bonus data for 6 12 months for activating with a $25+ plan.   The bonus data were time limited to either 6 months or 12 months period.

It could be that you activated on one of these promos and the bonus data has now expired.  (not applicable here, perhaps)  Here's couple of promos that PM announced earlier this year for plans $25+ and 6months of bonus data.  One was offered in April and another in August, if you activated in August then you should still be getting the 2GB bonus data for another couple of months at least and, as suggested earlier, might have just depleted it earlier than normal for this cycle.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-12-mo...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-12-months-25-p...

edit:  clarification, the above promos offered bonus data for 12 months.

starrysugar

Thank you for the suggestion. Result is still the same unfortunately.

starrysugar

Thank you! i tried the chatbot, there was a 404 error. I went to the link you provided to send a private message to cs. I will post the response if I get one.

Hi @starrysugar holiday promos are non expiring.  

Open ticket with CS agent and have them to check

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

starrysugar

Again, my plan has now been changed to 1g data only!

starrysugar

They did not have any expiration/ The data was there month after month. Each month I do not even go over the data which is as follows:

2g monthly for the promotion when I signed us, 1g regular and .5 for auto pay. I have been a customer since 2017. I was such a champion of Public till now. My partner has the same promo, the holiday and bonus data are intact 1n his account.

tanyar21

If you used up your 2gb, 1gb that you have in your original plan for the month, and then jumped into the  add on GB ...it is a one time add on, even if you didn't completely use it, so its like it has been used completely. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@starrysugar $25 plan always has only 1GB

The extra data you see could be just activations bonus with an expiry, which has expired

Open ticket with PM support and have confirm

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@starrysugar 

Another possibility is that over time, you may have used up your Data bonuses.  The bonuses are one time only and unused data does roll over each payment cycle, but if used up, the data add on disappears.  

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@starrysugar try again using incognito mode.. terrible casched pages here…also look at new plans.. your behind 

Need Help? Let's chat.