cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working properly

PAPA88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new OnePlus 12 phone , and the MMS is not working properly. I went to the Telus store for help. The lady checked the APN settings and updated them according to the Public mobile site.

Still not working properly , she told me to raise this issue, and that maybe P. M. has to do something on their end.

I have read about problems with Telus/OnePlus phones having problems in the past.

3 REPLIES 3

RayB234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, very interested in this as well. I have tried all the standard troubleshooting regarding MMS messaging but I am experiencing a similar issue with my brand new OnePlus12R running Google Messages. 

Very specifically, I have full MMS/RCS functionality with other Android phones but I can neither send/receive, nor view/create a group chat containing iPhone users. This issue extends to MMS messaging (pictures, gifs, etc.) as I cannot use MMS with iPhone users (groups nor individuals) but it is functioning perfectly with Android groups and individuals.

In my family group chat I have 3 androids and 2 iPhones - this means I currently cannot view or receive messages from this chat (even from the android users). Attempting to recreate a group containing the two iPhones will cause all of my messages to fail to send. I can create a group chat with only Android users and I have full functionality.  

MMS functions, SMS and Mobile Data are fully functional but all MMS with iPhones are non-functional. 

I have reset the phone, cleared cache, reset/edited/added new APN, reset mobile network settings, toggled RCS on/off, toggled MMS/SMS group settings, uninstalled/reinstalled Google Messages app, recreated groups, tried APN edits including capitalizing, etc. 

Any idea what may be causing this hiccup with iPhones? 

@PAPA88 

Can you try the APN address in capital letters? While it's supposed to be in lowercase on most devices, I've read about a few examples of the srtting needing to be in all caps to work.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PAPA88 

check your APN settings (Android Phones Only):

1. Open your phone’s settings and tap:
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN settings
  1. Verify the following field match:
Need Help? Let's chat.