cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunar promotion text 2-3 times a day

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is anyone getting a text 2-3 times a day announcing the lunar promotion ?

How can we get it to stop ?  

14 REPLIES 14

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi @Dolphin1 , you could probably request the Moderators to have them stop.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

But as others mentioned you may be removed from other notifications that you may interested in. If you contact the Moderators you could at least find out why you are getting these SOO often. Sounds a bit excessive.

stevenanto

@mm80 its just quicker to notice when it comes in as a text

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stevenanto wrote:

lucky you, I havent gotten any at all

Why lucky? You don't have to get the text mesage to get the offer. All new customers can get it if they follow the promo terms.

stevenanto

lucky you, I havent gotten any at all

@JK8 

I recieved text messages for the more the merrier campaign but unless I registered an email for a promotion the last one I recieved was in January 2020.

Screenshot_20210209-191346.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 that's  a lot!

What email...I mean text, is it from? Can you share  it?

@darlicious wrote:

@JK8 

I havent recieved a deal alert email in about a year and I dont think anyone else has either.

I received one for the free holiday promos:

More is Merrier with Public Mobile.

Holiday rewards with free data, long distance, and more!

@JK8 

I havent recieved a deal alert email in about a year and I dont think anyone else has either.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

not me.. i don't mind to receive some communication from them.. but for sure not 2-3 times a day on the same thing.. LoL

@Dolphin1 wrote:

If you're using a smartphoen, I would consider blocking (at least temporarily) blocking such messages. When using Android Messages, doing so does not prevent you from receiving the messages. You just won't be notified of them and the messages will be sent to an archive or spam folder. Remember to periodically check for these messages if they're important to you or to unblock the number after this promotion ends.

@Dolphin1 wrote:

thank you I will monitor and report if it continues.

I am not sure why they are not sending this promotion out by email as stated on their website so the user can opt in or out.

6A315AA3-8332-40E3-943A-F0C63F9C071B.jpeg

Dolphin1

@darlicious thank you I will monitor and report if it continues.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 

The only way would be to unsubscribe but then you risk not getting freebies too...why not report the issue to a moderator as well as the community technical problems thread. Theres been all kinds of text issues with pm lately. They need to overhaul the system.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Community-Technical-Issues/td-p/21...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 wrote:

I have not received any.

Need Help? Let's chat.