cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low cost plans…where are they?!

Loreck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

IMG_8050.jpeg

We just travelled to the states and it was cheaper in the long run to switch to a USA plan instead of purchasing add ons with the intention of switching to a lower plan without much data upon return. Now the cheapest plan offered on our account under “change plans” is $30!!  However if i go to public’s home page it offers the $19 and $21 plans. How can I get those?? It was an option last month under our account and now it’s not! 

11 REPLIES 11

WillyWanka

I started out with public mobile’s $15 unlimited talk and text plan.  Then I upgraded to the $19 1GB plan.   I’m happy with it and very rarely use any of my 1GB of data.  I had considered upgrading to the $23 6GB plan but with the economy being the way it is I don’t know if I can justify paying an extra $4 a month for an additional 5GB of data.  Four bucks for five gigs of extra data seems pretty steep to me.   Four bucks is like a loaf of 12 grain bread.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’d like to get that 3 month plan that was $23 per month and $19 average for the 3 month option. Was 4G and 3gb per month. But was only offered to new customers and is no longer offered. The $23/$19 plan would have been an increased cost for me. 

To me, it looks like PM wants existing customers to change plans only if it is at a higher rate. So the existing customer either pays more or leaves. OR…….is there an algorithm on the PM side that looks at your current plan plus your rewards and then offers different plan upgrades based on the findings of the algorithm?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Loreck the workaround is to port out to another provider, then port back in as a new customer. 

Be mindful that prepaid providers like PM will not offer prorated refunds for unused portions of your billing cycle so best to trigger the port out near the end of your cycle.

@Loreck wrote:

I have done this already. Awaiting a response. 

Good luck...please let us know what they say.

Loreck

I have done this already. Awaiting a response. 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There are cheaper plans still available but only to customers that are paying a lower amount. Once you are paying a higher amount the system will take away your access to the cheapest plans to prevent you from downgrading.

@Loreck 

I share your frustration as do others too. I don't know if it would help, but you could message Customer Support to request a reduction to your plan as you no longer need so much data or US calling. Click the little orange bubble on bottom right side of page to start the process. Let them know your acct number, ph #, PM pin #, name on acct, current plan subscription...etc.

Loreck

This is infuriating, we never would have switched and double checked that the lower cost ones were offered prior to switching 3 weeks ago, which they were. Ughhhh

@Loreck wrote:

But they are offered on their home page! And it was offered on account prior to us switching! This is BS

The home page will show plans offered mostly to new customers. As we've subscribed to higher cost plans, we won't be given option to get a cheaper one.

Loreck

But they are offered on their home page! And it was offered on account prior to us switching! This is BS

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Loreck 

PM tricked alot of folks to "upgrade" plans but now we can't go back as the only plans offered are more expensive than our new plans. Just have to keep watching for better plans later on.

Need Help? Let's chat.