cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost rewards after changing plans?

cleeh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with Public Mobile for about 6 or 7 years now. Just swapped my legacy 3 month plan for the new $40/month 15GB plan.

Two issues: 

(1) My account no longer shows loyalty savings in the Rewards section, and

(2) In the "Upcoming Bill section", my rewards all show up as -$0.00 when I should have loyalty, pre-authorized payments, and refer-a-friend rewards active.

Thanks for your help.

25 REPLIES 25

cleeh

I can confirm that my portal does not look like this.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@cleeh 

The rewards interface for the new points system and the old rewards are very different. Below is a screenshot of the new points system. Hopefully when you log into your Rewards page it does not look like the page below. If it does you have somehow been switched over.

F7C1BF54-DD1A-49EA-A0B7-2B7CDCF8FADB.jpeg

cleeh

Yes, I used incognito mode to check both the Upcoming Bill section and the My Rewards page and both were not correct - just checked again for good measure and both were still incorrect

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cleeh    I'll just add that the Upcoming Bill on the Payment page has been displaying incorrect information for over 3 or more weeks now, at least for me.  There's also a time lag of several seconds before the rewards (incorrect) fill in after accessing Upcoming Bill and sometimes needs the page to refreshed more than once before the rewards show.

This glitch may not be affecting all accounts since I've not heard anyone else mention it, or not seen the post/thread about that myself.

Again, @computergeek541 ,  I realize (and agree completely) with what @will13am posted.   The post was concise and to the point for the OP's needs.   I've slightly edited my initial reply to @will13am to prevent any misunderstanding that it's offered DURING plan changes.

None of this was about any level of disagreement - moreso about the interesting marketing PM uses to coax customers away from the old rewards program.

Coincidentally, there's nowhere I can find (except by the learned Community members here) that switching to Points is almost unanimously a poor choice.  

I fully realize that @will13am .   From January 2022 onward.   Either they're in, or they're out (completely), with no coming back once opting out.

My comment was a general one, applying to any customers looking to change plans and not being certain whether they need to switch or not.

PM makes it less than clear they do not have to.

@HALIMACS 

I don't disagree that Public Mobile tries to get customers to switch to points, but @will13am 's post was about pointing out that there isn't any pop up to switch to points when switching plans.  There isn't any way to switch to points from inside Self Serve (there never has been).  The common pop up is about paying more if performing an immediate plan change.

You have to understand that new accounts have no choice but to be on the points reward system.  The marketing is around the present not the unusual case of legacy customers being on a grandfathered reward system. 

Interestingly, @will13am , the current plan descriptions seem to coax users into believing they 'must' switch to the Public Points system when researching making plan changes.

I also find it humorous how the self-serve landing page rolling pics (where the referral code is), tries to imply users could be saving more by moving to Public Points.   I think that's a typo and should read "You would likely end up paying more"

HALIMACS_0-1676918765159.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have switched out of legacy plans in 4 out of 6 accounts.  I can say unequivocally that doing so does not force a switch to the points reward system.  Neither does the plan switch process include selection of reward system.  These two things are separate and distinct.  It's unfortunate that there's remorse after switching to the points system. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I hope what happened to me didn't also happen to you. When I changed plan, a screen come up suggesting that I switch to the points system because, according to PM, is so much more beneficial blah...blah...blah. I forgot if I actually click to accept or if I had to click not to accept. After the damage by my plan switching to the point system, within less the 24 hours I tried to reverse back to the loyalty program but PM refused to do so.

@BirdieMoose wrote:

In light of all the concern about losing your rewards, does your account say you can opt-in for the new points system? I've only been with Public 3 years and it says I'll get 40+ points just for signing up. It does discard any previous discount you had, but since mine was only $7, I feel I can get ahead by switching now. I just opted in today so it'll take a few days to find out if it's as good as it says it is. From what I can see, it's a faster way to get money back.

I'm afraid you'll be wishing you didn't switch over, @BirdieMoose 

UNLESS you're on a $50 or higher value plan, you like to purchase a lot of add-ons (which are slightly discounted with Public Points), OR plan on leaving here within the next few months, that 40 points equates to $40 and is simply a carrot they've dangled for you.

The old reward system is superior in almost every way, even more so the longer you've been a customer here due to the Loyalty rewards being far superior on the old reward system. 

As an example, after being here 3 years, you've built up annual discounts of $36 JUST under the loyalty reward category.   On top of that, you may also be receiving a $24 auto-pay discount annually and possibly referral rewards if anyone used your referral code to sign up here.

@BirdieMoose @So you switched from old rewards to new point system ? … the consensus around here is the old rewards are superior system , hope your aware that’s a one way move , there no no way to go back to old rewards system after joining new points system … 

BirdieMoose

In light of all the concern about losing your rewards, does your account say you can opt-in for the new points system? I've only been with Public 3 years and it says I'll get 40+ points just for signing up. It does discard any previous discount you had, but since mine was only $7, I feel I can get ahead by switching now. I just opted in today so it'll take a few days to find out if it's as good as it says it is. From what I can see, it's a faster way to get money back.

@cleeh  so when you used Incognito mode, you used that to login My Rewards site: https://publicmobile.ca/myrewards ?  do you see the correct reward there??

cleeh

Thanks for the suggestion, but it looks the same as outside of incognito mode

@cleeh 

while waiting for CSA assistance... try logging in to your account on your laptop but make sure to use incognito mode. See if that clears things up. Let us know if it does help.

cleeh

Thank you, I have messaged CS_Agents to inquire

@cleeh  I can confirm that you should not lose rewards I myself just switched to this verity plan recently and did not lose old rewards , so  if you changed in renewal and didn’t switch to points , use link in my last post to ask support what’s going on 

cleeh

Refreshing did not change anything. Will reach out to support.

cleeh

Confirming that I did not switch to Public Points. Will reach out to support, thanks

cleeh

It was a scheduled change. Also confirmed that I did not switch to the Public Points system. Looks like there's a display issue with both the Rewards page as well as in the "Upcoming Bill" section.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cleeh 

Refresh your browser by clicking on the circular arrow. See if this updates your page. If not, then you need to contact a CS_Agent (Moderator) to investigate.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cleeh  Your shouldn’t loose old rewards  for changing plans there tied to your account not plan  , did you happen to switch to the  points system by accident ? If not and your missing rewards reach out to support for what’s happened 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

@cleeh wrote:

I've been with Public Mobile for about 6 or 7 years now. Just swapped my legacy 3 month plan for the new $40/month 15GB plan.

Two issues: 

(1) My account no longer shows loyalty savings in the Rewards section, and

(2) In the "Upcoming Bill section", my rewards all show up as -$0.00 when I should have loyalty, pre-authorized payments, and refer-a-friend rewards active.

Thanks for your help.

That shouldn't have happened. Did you change plans immediately or was it a scheduled change?  When there's an immediately plan change, rewards don't get paid out for that plan cycle but will return of the following renewal.  That shouldn't effect what is shown as the listed rewards though.  If you log into the My Rewards portal, do the numbers make more sense. Please take care not to accidently switch to the points system when viewing that website.

Need Help? Let's chat.