cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my account

Malloryx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I used my own phone to help my friend activate his new account a few days ago, I did log out first and log in with his email. However, I found I can no longer get access to my own account, because when I try to log in with my email today, it directly jumped to his account!

Does anyone have the similar experience? I have no idea how to get my acocunt back. Appreciate that a lot.

15 REPLIES 15

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I don't think the problem is with the app, it is just behaves like a wrapper.  Recall how the app leverages the default browser.  The root of the problem is data caching which was evident prior to the app being released.  

I have seen the issue a few times on a web browser when I was in one account, logged out, and then immediately logged into another account, but this was rare and only happened some of the time, and even then, it only seemed to mix in some of the details from the previous account.  That was a few years ago.  With this current round of security vulnerabilities, It happens every time (at least in the app) and the information from the wrong account seems to be shown even on pages that hadn't previously been looked at (the system could be pre-fetching that infromation). 

It is possible that the app can exacerbate the data caching problem.  I rarely go into the account on the phone and when I do, I just use the browser.  This does everything except activate new accounts which I have not done in a long time.  

@will13am wrote:

I don't think the problem is with the app, it is just behaves like a wrapper.  Recall how the app leverages the default browser.  The root of the problem is data caching which was evident prior to the app being released.  

I have seen the issue a few times on a web browser when I was in one account, logged out, and then immediately logged into another account, but this was rare and only happened some of the time, and even then, it only seemed to mix in some of the details from the previous account.  That was a few years ago.  With this current round of security vulnerabilities, It happens every time (at least in the app) and the information from the wrong account seems to be shown even on pages that hadn't previously been looked at (the system could be pre-fetching that infromation). 

@Handy1 wrote:

@will13am  Ok Ty for clarification. I don’t know how to clear the app cache so i just uninstall it and re install it for new activations . Only time I use the app anyways . But even tho my method is overkill it works . And I think the majority of people have easier time understanding how to uninstall  app and re install it opposed to clearing the app cache . Just sounds easier even if there’s another way with out having to reinstall it . With the only ad there being not having to use data to do it 

Go to general, iPhone storage, select app, delete app cache.  You are welcome.  

@will13am  Ok Ty for clarification. I don’t know how to clear the app cache so i just uninstall it and re install it for new activations . Only time I use the app anyways . But even tho my method is overkill it works . And I think the majority of people have easier time understanding how to uninstall  app and re install it opposed to clearing the app cache . Just sounds easier even if there’s another way with out having to reinstall it . With the only ad there being not having to use data to do it 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Malloryx wrote:

I used my own phone to help my friend activate his new account a few days ago, I did log out first and log in with his email. However, I found I can no longer get access to my own account, because when I try to log in with my email today, it directly jumped to his account!

Does anyone have the similar experience? I have no idea how to get my acocunt back. Appreciate that a lot.

It's very imporatnt that your friend's information be removed from your device.  Please go into the app menu in your phone's settings menu and clear the storage for the Public Mobile app.  After doing that, logging back in will route you to your proper account.  This is reqired any time that someone wants to log into a different Public Mobile account. It is also required if someone doesn't  want the wrong account information shown on someone else's device (logging out isn't enough because of improper software programming).

@J_PM :  This is very severe privacy and security violation. This MUST be fixed immediately.  I can't stress enough how important this is.  Imagine if this wasn't someone who was trusted by the other person, but even so, this bug has existed since the release of the app.  I believe that Public Mobile needs to discontine the use of the app entirely until such tiime that this privacy breach is fixed.

@Handy1 wrote:

@computergeek541  so to uninstall the app and re install it . Does that not clear storage settings for the app ? . I uninstall the app each time I use it and re install it for when I need it again . Is that not good to ? OP said it worked so should I not advise to uninstall and re install . And instead say to clear the app storage ? Because I fit even know how to clear the app storage but I know uninstalling it and re installing it works like a charm 

Yes deleting the app will delete the cache and data.  It is a bit brute force when simply clearing app cache would be sufficient.  

@Malloryx @will13am - Thank you for tagging. The team is investigating cause. I'm glad your were able to access your account. 

@computergeek541  so to uninstall the app and re install it . Does that not clear storage settings for the app ? . I uninstall the app each time I use it and re install it for when I need it again . Is that not good to ? OP said it worked so should I not advise to uninstall and re install . And instead say to clear the app storage ? Because I fit even know how to clear the app storage but I know uninstalling it and re installing it works like a charm 

@Malloryx wrote:

Thank you very much, it works!  I deleted the app and reinstalled, and I can now login to my account.

That wasn't needed. All that needed to be done was clearing the storage settings for the app.

@Malloryx wrote:

It's very imporatnt that your friend's information be removed from your device.  Please go into the app menu in your phone's settings menu and clear the storage for the Public Mobile app.  After doing that, logging back in will route you to your proper account.  This is reqired any time that someone wants to log into a different Public Mobile account. It is also required if someone doesn't  want the wrong account information shown on someone else's device (logging out isn't enough because of improper software programming).

@J_PM :  This is very severe privacy and security violation. This MUST be fixed immediately.  I can't stress enough how important this is.  Imagine if this wasn't someone who was trusted by the other person, but even so, this bug has existed since the release of the app.  I believe that Public Mobile needs to discontine the use of the app entirely until such tiime that this privacy breach is fixed.

@Handy1 wrote:

@Malloryx  Clear web browser cache and cookies and get again incognito /private mode . If using the app uninstall it and re install it and try again . If still no luck you can use this direct kink to support to help 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As with the part that @will13am said about how a cusotmer support agent wouldnl't be able to fix this, uninstalling and re-install the app is unnecessary.  And while using a web browser would allow the customer to get into the account, it does not solve the root issue of the wrong account coming up in the app.

@Malloryx  Excellent we happy to hear it and I hope you use med your referral code to help activate your friend ?? If not get them to contact support to have it applied .

Malloryx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much. I deleted the app and reinstalled, and it works now!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Malloryx , this has been reported many times before in the community.  It is a data caching problem.  Don't bother sending messages to support, they don't look after maintaining the platform.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Malloryx  Clear web browser cache and cookies and get again incognito /private mode . If using the app uninstall it and re install it and try again . If still no luck you can use this direct kink to support to help 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.