cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my account while abroad

Zod1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on as short internship out of Country and let my account get suspended since it was useless to me. Now I'm coming back and realized that I counted the days wrong and it's been over 90 day's since I last payed for a month and thus I have lost my account. To top it off I lost my old SIM card...

Also I just checked, I was sent a warning email, but it went straight to my spam folder so I never saw it.

Is there any chance I can get my old number (and account) back or is that a lost cause?

9 REPLIES 9

Zod1

Yes I did, my old number has not been claimed so they were able to change it back after I had opened a new account 

@Zod1 you got your number back?

Zod1

it's all resolved now, thanks for your help 🙂

Zod1

So in summery, I just messaged someone to ask if my old number was still available (which it was) then I just needed to get a new SIM, set up a new account, and the provide these account details (along with the temp number I got) in order to get my old number switched in; easy 🙂

Zod1

I ported that number from my old provider... which I had ported it over from another provider previously, it was also originally my sister's number so I have no idea where it original came from. I've sent out a PM for now and I'll let you know if it works, thanks for your advice!

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Zod1 

If you cannot log into self-serve, the account and SIM card is gone... for good.

However, if the number was a TELUS number, there is a chance you may still be able to get that number assigned with a new activation.

You would likely need the assistance of support to do this and may need to activate with a temporary number first, then request to change to the requested number.  Definitely reach out to customer support before activating to see which way they would prefer you do it.

You can try calling your old number to see if it has been reassigned first.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You will have to activate a new account, you won't be able to keep your old reward program either unfortunately 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you did not renew for 90+ days your account is closed forever.

You will have to start process from the scratch, get new SIM, activate, etc.

When you establish new account (or even before!) ask agent if your old number is available and if agent could assign it to you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Zod1   How many days since the 90 days deadline?  You likely cannot get the same number back.  But there is no harm to ask PM Support and try your luck.  With your account closed, you can only open ticket via direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Another question, did you get your number NEW from PM when you activated?  If you ported your number into PM from another provider, the number would have gone back to the original provider where you got it from 

Need Help? Let's chat.